salahhammad

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

hi all,

Does anyone know or have heard anything about the SRM system ,(Sanitation risk management). This system is used usually in the hospitality industry and food service outlets, could anyone help me with a sanitation and food safety system for a hotel kitchen and resturants in a hotel.

cheers

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

hi all,

Does anyone know or have heard anything about the SRM system ,(Sanitation risk management). This system is used usually in the hospitality industry and food service outlets, could anyone help me with a sanitation and food safety system for a hotel kitchen and resturants in a hotel.

cheers

Hello Salah,

I'm not sure about SRM, but the UK Food Standards Agency has developed a food safety management pack to help small catering businesses such as restaurants, cafés and takeaways comply with new regulations introduced in January 2006. Although the pack is designed to meet UK regulations it is correct for your industry type and I'm sure you will find the resources very user friendly. It will surely help you along the way to SRM (whatever that is). Is SRM country specific Salah?

Safer food, better business for caterers

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

salahhammad

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Simon ,
no its not a country specific as i guess, but it is most probably used in the states since i found it in an american text book,

cheers

Hello Salah,

I'm not sure about SRM, but the UK Food Standards Agency has developed a food safety management pack to help small catering businesses such as restaurants, cafés and takeaways comply with new regulations introduced in January 2006. Although the pack is designed to meet UK regulations it is correct for your industry type and I'm sure you will find the resources very user friendly. It will surely help you along the way to SRM (whatever that is). Is SRM country specific Salah?

Safer food, better business for caterers

Regards,
Simon

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Dear Salahhammad,

Regret I also failed to locate meaningful links for ‘srm'.
Simon's link is certainly a good practical, illustrated survey of recommended operational guidelines.
A somewhat more heavyweight guide is the FDA reference for US standards for restaurant sanitation applications ( FDA food code) at -

http://www.foodsafet...s/foodcode.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users