Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:06 AM

NSF International today announced the first call for nominations for its 2007 Food Safety Leadership Awards (FSLA) Program :smarty: . As part of NSF's ongoing public health and safety commitment, the annual awards program recognizes key individuals and organizations who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in foodservice safety :smarty: .

Foodservice operators, manufacturers, researchers and members of academia may be nominated.

The nominations are divided into six categories: technology breakthroughs, research advances, equipment design, product development, packaging innovation and systems improvements.

Nominations for a special lifetime achievement award are also being accepted. Nominations will be accepted through.

NSF food safety award

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

NSF International today announced the first call for nominations for its 2007 Food Safety Leadership Awards (FSLA) Program :smarty: . As part of NSF's ongoing public health and safety commitment, the annual awards program recognizes key individuals and organizations who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in foodservice safety :smarty: .

Foodservice operators, manufacturers, researchers and members of academia may be nominated.

The nominations are divided into six categories: technology breakthroughs, research advances, equipment design, product development, packaging innovation and systems improvements.

Nominations for a special lifetime achievement award are also being accepted. Nominations will be accepted through.

NSF food safety award

Thanks Franco, have you nominated me? Maybe they don't have an award for "Uncouth Englishman with almost no talent, save for an amazing capacity for developing innovative, yet ultimately useless ideas."

I just can't help myself. :welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

Dear Simon,

I seem to remember seeing a similar description for Steve Jobs . How about the S-Pod!

Per ardua ad astra from my old school memory. No mention of money though.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

Dear Simon,

I seem to remember seeing a similar description for Steve Jobs . How about the S-Pod!

Rgds / Charles.C

Simon

I can't see why we can't have our own award ceremony!

I'm sure you could pull a poll together with all the relevant categories (best New Comer, most Prolific Poster, most Disillusioned Poster, most Company Loyalty Poster!

You'd have to win the "Sexiest Poser"

best clean my glasses! :2cool:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

Dear Simon,

Rgds / Charles.C

Oh how I long to see an astra Charles. :beam:

I can't see why we can't have our own award ceremony!

I'm sure you could pull a poll together with all the relevant categories (best New Comer, most Prolific Poster, most Disillusioned Poster, most Company Loyalty Poster!

You'd have to win the "Sexiest Poser"

best clean my glasses! :2cool:

Sexiest poser or poster? Either way I'll take it...thanks Caz. :biggrin:

Yes I can certainly fit faces to the above award categories; I think Kim racked up the fastest 50 posts just recently, Newsgirl is a cert for most prolific poster, miss choc for the loyalty badge, Charles C for biggest linker, you for cheekiest and it seems just about everyone else for disillusioned. :huh:

Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

Oh how I long to see an astra Charles. :beam:

Sexiest poser or poster? Either way I'll take it...thanks Caz. :biggrin:

Yes I can certainly fit faces to the above award categories; I think Kim racked up the fastest 50 posts just recently, Newsgirl is a cert for most prolific poster, miss choc for the loyalty badge, Charles C for biggest linker, you for cheekiest and it seems just about everyone else for disillusioned. :huh:

Simon

LOL great minds Simon.....i think you had everyone spot on!
except me.....im not cheeky!! :whistle:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Dear Simon,

I can imagine Les Dawson might have commented something like –

“Disillusioned ? I didn’t know you’d met tha wife ?”

In the same vein, I’m sure Les would have appreciated the list below taken from the students BMJ -

Appreciating risks in relation to everyday events

Familiar risk / Chance it happens

Getting three balls in the UK national lottery----------------------------------------------------------------- 1 in 11
Dying on the road over 50 years of driving ------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 85
Transmission of measles ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 100
Dying of any cause in the next year --------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 100
Annual risk of death from smoking 10 cigarettes per day --------------------------------------------------1 in 200
Getting four balls in the UK national lottery -------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 206
Needing emergency treatment in the next year after being injured by a can, bottle, or jar ------------1 in 1000
Needing emergency treatment in the next year after being injured by a bed mattress or pillow --------1 in 2000
Death by an accident at home ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 7100
Getting five balls in the UK national lottery -------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 11, 098
Death by an accident at work ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 40,000
Death playing soccer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 50,000
Death by murder -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 100,000
Being hit in your home by a crashing aeroplane ------------------------------------------------------------1 in 250,000
Death by rail accident ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 500,000
Drowning in the bath in the next year ------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 685,000
Getting six balls in the UK national lottery -------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 2, 796,763
Being struck by lightning --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 10, 000, 000
Death from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease --------------------------------------------------------------1 in 10, 000, 000
Death from a nuclear power accident -----------------------------------------------------------------------1 in 10,000, 0000

Most risks given are approximate.

( http://www.studentbm...torials/396.php )

I’m honoured by the links nom-de-plume although I suspect that a not – negligible proportion are OT. To illustrate the point in a hopefully useful way, I’ve just been looking around for practical examples of the use of risk matrices and I found this really interesting one which I first thought was a joke but actually contains some rather useful ideas IMO –

http://72.14.235.104...8...t=clnk&cd=2

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I’m honoured by the links nom-de-plume although I suspect that a not – negligible proportion are OT. To illustrate the point in a hopefully useful way, I’ve just been looking around for practical examples of the use of risk matrices and I found this really interesting one which I first thought was a joke but actually contains some rather useful ideas IMO –

http://72.14.235.104...8...t=clnk&cd=2

He he. Where on earth do you dig these things from Charles.

Control measure "wear sturdy jeans and trainers." :thumbup:

I love it.

In the good old days it would have been -"look just be bloody careful"

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users