• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

Dear All,

Fancy a drive ?

The British Open's just starting at dear old Carnastie. anybody think Tiger won't win ?

Sadly a certain Jean van de Velde won't be there. get well soon, Jean.
( Needing only a double-bogey six at the par-four final hole to win the 1999 Open, van de Velde contrived to chalk up a seven after hitting his ball into a burn. He went on to lose a playoff won by Briton Paul Lawrie.)

Posted Image

Rgds / Charles.C

added -

Multiple winners
Twenty-five players have won more than one Open Championship victory, to 2006 inclusive:
6 wins: Harry Vardon
5 wins: James Braid, J.H. Taylor, Peter Thomson, Tom Watson
4 wins: Walter Hagen, Bobby Locke, Old Tom Morris, Young Tom Morris, Willie Park, Snr
3 wins: Jamie Anderson, Seve Ballesteros, Henry Cotton, Nick Faldo, Bob Ferguson, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Tiger Woods
2 wins: Harold Hilton, Bob Martin, Greg Norman, Arnold Palmer, Willie Park, Jnr, Lee Trevino

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

Fancy a drive ?

The British Open's just starting at dear old Carnastie. anybody think Tiger won't win ?

Sadly a certain Jean van de Velde won't be there. get well soon, Jean.

Yeah I fancy a drive Charles. I love watching golf. I could quite happily lock myself in a room and watch every ball of the whole 4 days. The reality is I'll probably get to watch about 4 minutes on the last day. Mickelson has always been a favourite of mine; his close game is exquisite. However, I'm going for the Scottish Whinger, good old Monty on home turf. If someone would just tell him it's the Ryder Cup he might just go and win it.

I remember Van de Velde, that was agonising, I really felt for the guy, although he took it very well. What's wrong with him Charles?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Dear Simon,

CARNOUSTIE, Scotland, July 16 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jean van de Velde, who snatched British Open defeat from the jaws of victory eight years ago at Carnoustie, will spend this week undergoing hospital examinations into a mystery illness.

Van de Velde, 41, told a news conference by telephone from France that the ailment, coupled with glandular fever, had scuppered any hopes he had of returning to the scene of one of the most memorable slumps in major tournament golf.
Memories of his failure were now the least of his worries, he said on Monday, as doctors tried to diagnose an illness which left him constantly tired and sick
http://uk.reuters.co...16?pageNumber=1

Looks like a "VIrus".

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

Looks like a "VIrus".

Swamp fever? :eekout:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

Dear All,

On the eve of India's first test against England some thoughts came to my mind. Are the Indians going to be bamboozled by 'Montyricks'Attached File  Monty.jpg   3.29KB   22 downloads to 'Sidebottom'(or is it rock bottom ? )Attached File  Sidebottom.jpg   3.62KB   25 downloads. Or are they going to be 'Cook'edAttached File  Cook.jpg   3.26KB   3 downloads
by C'woodAttached File  Collingwood.jpg   3.9KB   11 downloads ? They may even get hit by Pistol 'Piet'Attached File  Pieterson.jpg   3.1KB   20 downloads . Who is going to 'Bell'Attached File  Ian_Bell.jpg   2.15KB   27 downloads the Englishmen?

May be the answer is with these Attached File  Sachin.jpg   3.37KB   9 downloadsAttached File  Dhoni.jpg   3.75KB   7 downloadsAttached File  Kumble.jpg   3.94KB   8 downloads
attachment=626:Zaheer.jpg]Attached File  Dravid.jpg   4.06KB   6 downloadsAttached File  Sreesanth.jpg   2.95KB   5 downloadsg]

Lets wait and see

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

Attached Files

A.Sankara Narayanan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

Dear Sankara,

Very nice :thumbup: .

I added a few of the dominant species for balance although I'm not very (!) knowledgable on Indian Ladies cricket so these are just a random pick-

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
(Jaya Sharma raises her bat after an unbeaten 104, Mithali Raj drives during her half-century, Rumeli Dhar drives during her innings of 38)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Rgds / Charles.C

added - I failed to see any Indian drivers in the British Open - maybe golf not so popular over there ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

This is the best chance for Dravid & Co . Hoggard is not playing, Harmison and Flintoff are out of the tour.
Only Sidebottom and Monty to worry... Come on Dravid & co.... this is the time to create some records(take a cue from Sangakkara and Mahela who piled up runs after runs against a hapless Bangladesh attack).

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Sania Improves her ranking.

India's Sania Mirza plays a return during her singles match against Russia's Nadia Petrova at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 28, 2007. Mirza upset eighth seed Sybille Bammer 6-2 5-7 6-3 to reach the final of the Stanford Classic on Saturday. REUTERS/David Moir

Attached File  3362839642_sp_sania.jpg   11.95KB   18 downloads

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India