• Quick Navigation
Photo

Who will win Wimbledon 2007 ?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Winners of Wimbledon 2007 ? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Gentlemen

1. ***R.FEDERER (SUI)(Seed1)(25yr)(4Wins) (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. **R.NADAL (SPA)(LF)(Seed2)(21yr)(1xRU) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. A.Roddick (USA)(LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. *N.Djokovic (SRB)(RtSF)(Seed4)(20yr)(4R) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. M.Baghdatis (CYP)(LQF) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. J.Ferrero (SPA)(LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. *R.Gasquet (FRA)(LSF)(Seed12)(21yr)(4R) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. T.Berdych (CZE)(LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

Ladies

1. *J.Henin (BEL)(LSF)(Seed1)(25yr)(2xRU) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. **M.BARTOLI (FRA)(LF)(Seed18)(22yr)(3R) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. N.Vaidisova (CZE)(LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. S.Williams (USA)(LQF) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. S.Kuznetsova (RUS)(LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. M.Krajicek (HOL) (LQF) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. *A.Ivanovic (SRB)(LSF)(Seed6)(19yr)(4thR) (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

8. ***V.WILLIAMS(USA)(Seed23)(27yr)(3Wins) (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote
- - - - -

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

Dear Sankara,

Roger F. obviously didn't agree with you. Perhaps Roger Moore was watching this one. :smile:

Sadly, the Nadal / Djokovic match ended in anticlimax so the Seeders got it right this time.

Already got the Ladies champion wrong which is hardly surprising, they're not called the unpredictable sex for nothing. The eventual winner may come down to a test of nerves. The commentators are homing in on Marion's's unusual practice swings, skips and body bounces, a real all-action girl. Venus's flowing movements have similarly been compared to Swan Lake so perhaps Marion will be the Sleeping Beauty ?

I'm staying with my share of the (8 votes) for the Men's Final although I would not be too surprised to err.

Rgds / Charles.C

Added – Venus’s marvellous all round game was simply too good on the day :thumbup: , but all congratulations to Marion Bartoli for a remarkable Wimbledon. :clap:
A (possible) congratulation to the anonymous voter to A.N.Other (Ladies) who might have guessed correctly! :clap: :clap:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

Dear All,

Congratulations Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for producing a magnificent tennis match. In the end Roger just edged it but it really could have gone either way. He now equals Borg’s record of 5 consecutive Wimbledon victories (although Borg also won the French Open 6 times !!) ( The French-Wimbledon double Borg achieved three times consecutively was called by Wimbledon officials "the most difficult double in tennis"[10] and "a feat considered impossible among today's players."[11] No player has managed to achieve his double since – and indeed Andre Agassi is the only male player since Borg to win both the French Open and Wimbledon men's singles titles over the course of his career. - Wikipaedia)

Congrats. to the other 7 voters for RF in the Men’s Poll and many thanks also to all the people who contributed to this thread.:thumbup: :clap: :clap:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS. Had to include this one - Jamie Murray became the first Briton for 20 years to win a senior title at Wimbledon as he and Serbia's Jelena Jankovic won the mixed doubles. :clap: :clap:

Attached File  _42478736_murrayjanko203.jpg   19.57KB   26 downloads

(Jankovic and Murray were playing in their first event together)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

This year I have a strong feeling for Venus Williams and Roger Federer. I also have a sneaking feeling Jamie Murray and Serbia's Jelena Jankovic will win the mixed doubles. Hey but what do I know. :bye:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

I was 75% correct :tongue: . I had voted for Roger Federer and S.Williams and ultimately Federer and V.Williams won the titles. After all the speculations and expectations, finally it was consistency and class that won. I sympathise with Nadal. His was a classical case of 'many a slip between the cup and the lip'.Better luck next time :clap: , after all he's only 21(Incidentally, as per statistics, in the 12 meetings between Roger and Nadal before this Wimbeldon, it was Nadal who won 8 of them).

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

I sympathise with Nadal. His was a classical case of 'many a slip between the cup and the lip'.Better luck next time :clap: , after all he's only 21(Incidentally, as per statistics, in the 12 meetings between Roger and Nadal before this Wimbeldon, it was Nadal who won 8 of them).

Federer is obviously a fantastic talent (5 on the trot). I can respect that, but I find him incredibly dull. I was rooting for Nadal and he will win it one day. In the last set Nadal had two break points, which he missed and the rest is history. It's what makes tennis such a great game. Victory can be snatched from the jaws of defeat and vice versa. Sport is generally like that, but especially so in tennis I feel.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users