Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

The terms below were added to the website glossary earlier today. Can anyone confirm whether they are valid? They are tenuously plausible, but I'm not entirely convinced.

M H = Mental illness of food handlers as a new category of food safety hazards

E H = Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Suzuki

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:04 AM

Hi Simon,
In our personnel evaluation on food safety handling, we do apply MH but EH is new to me. However, I can see the logic behind EH as part of a possible ill-intent bio-security breach to break down food safety controls.

Clearly, MH and EH are meant to tackle the issue of bio-security concerns.

Regards
Suzuki

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:24 AM

Hi Simon,
In our personnel evaluation on food safety handling, we do apply MH but EH is new to me. However, I can see the logic behind EH as part of a possible ill-intent bio-security breach to break down food safety controls.

Clearly, MH and EH are meant to tackle the issue of bio-security concerns.

Regards
Suzuki

They both seem plausible and I just wanted to check if they were common terms in yoru arena. I will release them onto the website glossary.

Thanks
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

KellyB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Family, painting, music, scuba diving, bowling

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:01 AM

Dear Simon,

Very interesting topic! Please check this out, concerning MH : Attached File  MH_HACCP_HAZARD.pdf   189.05KB   51 downloads

Concerning Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs, there is a very interesting book by Barbara Rasco and Gleyn E. Bledsoe,
Published in 2005 by CRC Press. It consists of 414 pages.
Here is a review I found in the internet: "The book examines the risks associated with the intentional contamination of food,provides implementation strategies to reduce food security risks and discusses the underlying legal issues tied to product liability and regulatory compliance. The text includes current hazards, provisions of the Bioterrorism Act, guidance documents from the FDA and USDA, and more. Risk management models are presented and workable strategies for addressing food safety risks are developed through case studies"

I hope this has been helpful.
Rgrds,
Kelly

P.S. By the way, the book is called "Bioterrorism and Food Safety"

Edited by KellyB, 09 October 2007 - 09:03 AM.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY..!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Dear Simon,

Very interesting topic! Please check this out, concerning MH : Attached File  MH_HACCP_HAZARD.pdf   189.05KB   51 downloads

Concerning Electronic Hazards resulting from Possible Attacks Aimed at Crippling the Cyberspace Controlling Food & Water Supplies in HACCP Programs, there is a very interesting book by Barbara Rasco and Gleyn E. Bledsoe,
Published in 2005 by CRC Press. It consists of 414 pages.
Here is a review I found in the internet: "The book examines the risks associated with the intentional contamination of food,provides implementation strategies to reduce food security risks and discusses the underlying legal issues tied to product liability and regulatory compliance. The text includes current hazards, provisions of the Bioterrorism Act, guidance documents from the FDA and USDA, and more. Risk management models are presented and workable strategies for addressing food safety risks are developed through case studies"

I hope this has been helpful.
Rgrds,
Kelly

P.S. By the way, the book is called "Bioterrorism and Food Safety"

Yes it is very helpful Kelly. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users