Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

Function Not Fashion
By Brian Birkby - Birkby Lancaster Consulting

Throughout recent history, there have been models. Cromwell's new model army, Cadbury's model village, Porter's business model…. to name but a few.

Some models will be ‘fashionable'; they will last until they have gone out of style. Others will develop and endure if they contain the essentials of good practice. The concept of the model village, for example, is being repeated in modern developments. Poundbury, the village concept supported by Prince Charles, being a recent example.

The EFQM Excellence Model© is a relatively new model but one which should benefit organisations for years to come. It does contain one criteria which in a UK context could be described as challenging. Customer Results is the highest scoring part of the model and yet it is one area in which many organisations are notoriously poor. Yet providing excellent customer service, can achieve real value for organisations.

Read Full Article

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users