• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

Hi,

I have a friend who has his own shoe brand, and he has shops in several states in the country. He is interested in implementing ISO9001 for his brand. He is a good friend of mine and im hoping i can be of help. I have limited ISO9001 experience in retailer field.

Can anybody give some pointers?? :unsure:

Perhaps what should i focus on? How do i ensure implementation in branches of different states? Must internal audit be done independently by branches?

I have only a vague picture of what must be done. When i've delved deeper into this, i will continue to post my confusions :biggrin:

Rgds,
Eugene

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have a friend who has his own shoe brand, and he has shops in several states in the country. He is interested in implementing ISO9001 for his brand. He is a good friend of mine and im hoping i can be of help. I have limited ISO9001 experience in retailer field.

Can anybody give some pointers?? :unsure:

Perhaps what should i focus on? How do i ensure implementation in branches of different states? Must internal audit be done independently by branches?

A bit of a scatter gun shot Eugene, but I'll try to give you some pointers. Well first you need a copy of the standard, I imagine the system processes and procedures would be exactly the same for each branch (so not too bad), and this would be wise to provide a consistent platform for benchmarking across the organisation and continual improvement. Ideally you would need someone at each of the branches to be the 'on site' management representative to ensure the system is operating effectively. The MR's could get together periodically to support each other and share best practice. Internal audits will need to be done at each branch and could be carried out by the MR or they could audit each other (again an opportunity to learn from each other and share best practice). That's it for now. Anyone else?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

Dear Eugene,

As Simon said, yr main question was a little, err, general.

Frankly, if you are starting from a low baseline and some financing is available, I would recommend some professional input. There is a wealth of advice on specific aspects / procedures for the standard on the web (if you hv time to study) but consultants can save a lot of implementation headaches.

Or perhaps seek another friend who has already "done" ISO 9000, not necessarily for shoes. :biggrin:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

EuGeNe

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

As always, thanks for the feedback Simon. And sorry for the scatter shot. I was hoping to leave it open to get a wider range of opinions.

Simon, in a nutshell, this would mean that the ISO will be "micro managed" whereby every branch will act like a company by its own, therefore having its own "MR", HR, Purchasing, Incoming, Internal audits, Management Review and etc...

And im putting my bet that i can ignore 7.3 Design and Development :dunno: since this retailer dont manufacture their own products

EuGeNe

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for the pointers Charles and Simon :biggrin:

Edited by EuGeNe, 06 May 2008 - 06:37 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

The only requirement could be from customers. Whether required or not iso 9001 is applicable to any business.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users