• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

I found the news about this "machine" on www.foodanddringteknology.com

Seems like a good idea. Standard hand washing would be a dream...

Anyone tried it? Is it any good?

Posted Image
http://www.safewayhs.co.uk/

cbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

When I worked for a large cheese plant in the states, we looked at a unit similar to this. Does it read a chip in the employee's identification card? The one we looked at did read the card and reported who had washed their hands. The unit was very nice, very expensive and ultimately we decided against it. Our plant was established and we did not have room for the units. The number of units we would have needed to get everyone back to work after breaks and lunch was large. We had no way of knowing if someone really kept their hands in the unit after it was activated. We had no problems with how the unit worked.

A plant in the next town over did purchase the units and installed a security camera to make sure everyone used them as directed.

chrnyd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for feedback cbernard!

I think we will get in trouble with the law (in Norway) if we use security cameras...

Then you probable know other suppliers of similar equipment?

Christian

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

How much would one of these gizmos cost?

Christian are you affiliated to this company or do you just like them?

By the way welcome to the forums Christian; I think you may just be our first Norwegian member. How is Ole Gunnar Solskjær - I love that guy. :thumbup:

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

chrnyd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

Good morning!

I'we never heard of the company before I read the newspot this week.

Weather I like them or not depends on if they work. In my company we use a lot of temporary staff (due to variation in volumes), and it is a stuggle to first of all get them to wash their hands, and next to do it in a proper way.

Then football: Ole Gunnar is a fine character, but unfortunately his career as a player is ower. He's moving on to coaching, but he seems a little to addicted to Man U.

Christian

cbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

I know the one we looked at was different than the one you have there. If you want I can get the name of the other company.

Cheryl

cbernard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

Found it, it is called Cleantech by a company called Meritech, I think they are based out of Colorado, USA, but in today's world who knows. The units are a little different than what you are looking at because the machine does the work and you do not have to do anything but stick you hands in the opening.

Have a great day.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:23 AM

Dear Christian/All,

As noted above, IMEX the permanent problem with this kind of delightful concept is pure arithmetic, ie (time to approach/insert hand/wash/retrieve hand/retreat) x no. of workers. Same comment for hot-air blowers etc etc. One factory I inspected used an IR trigger to play a tune while the worker opened the water for cleaning, unfortunately it only played one tune. :smile:

:off_topic:

I was intrigued by yr comment on security cameras. This option came up in another thread on factory monitoring recently and seemed to be an accepted and well-established practice in UK factories. Personally I found this a rather appalling procedure (eg Big Brother is watching you ). I deduce you think it might be unlawful in yr location ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

As well as the time issue I would worry about the effectivness of the clean. A car wash is a great convenient method of cleaning your car, but there are always bits missed. Unless the hand washer scrubs your nails?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

andries

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

the unit has been designed by my company with certain essential critereia, user compliance, satisfaction,24/7 ability to monitor without video cameras, good hand wash consistently, low cost and enviromentally friendly. Development with Campden BRI and Bristol University FRPERC both well respected and above all well trialed in practical environments. The video can be viewed on www.safewayhs.co.uk
any further assistance happyto give
kind regards
Andries
PS cleans nails and cuticles better than disposeable nail brush!!!!

andries

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

suggest you read New Food article by Debra Smith issue 1 2010 "Advances in hand hygiene" page 59, copy from myself if requested

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

suggest you read New Food article by Debra Smith issue 1 2010 "Advances in hand hygiene" page 59, copy from myself if requested

Can you attach it here andries?

Regards,
Simon

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

This reminds me of a story from an AIB instructor at a GMP/Sanitation Workshop. He was in Japan observing a food process when he had some trouble in the restroom. He went in to use the restroom and could not get out. It seems they use a device like this one and you have to wash your hands in order to leave the room. He was not fluent in Japanese so he could not read the signs. All he knew was there were two holes in the wall.

Personally I would love to see it as mandatory for all public restrooms as well!

andries

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Please send your e-mail to myself and will forward as attachment. As my background has been in Management with the 2nd largest food company and worlds largest hospitality and catering companies am only to aware of poor compliance upon leaving changing or toilet blocks, be assured in the event of emergencies the system is over ridden to allow exit, "somebody is bound to ask"
If you have had opportunity to view video you will be aware that no training in how to use is necessary unlike the "Ayliffe method" and user friendly to all, very friendly for agency workers

kind regards
Andries

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Andries,

I got the article thanks and will post it shortly.

Regards,
Simon

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hand Hygiene article attached as promised.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Rizwan Ahmed

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

hi dear,

attached you can find nice training presentation i found on handwashing.

regards

riz

Attached Files

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users