• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:19 AM

Dear all,

I really need some :helpplease: guidelines to document controll for our company.
1. we practically use label/stamp to controlling document in our company.i.e. Master Copy for the original one, Controlled for copy document and uncontrolled for ???
is there any rules in using those label and how?
2. one case, we have an internal form (listed in our master list) but distributed externally. what's the rule for that kind of doc.

please suggest any help since i am a new comer for this field. :dunno:

Thx a lot.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Dear all,

I really need some :helpplease: guidelines to document controll for our company.
1. we practically use label/stamp to controlling document in our company.i.e. Master Copy for the original one, Controlled for copy document and uncontrolled for ???
2. one case, we have an internal form (listed in our master list) but distributed externally. what's the rule for that kind of doc.

please suggest any help since i am a new comer for this field. :dunno:

Thx a lot.

Ooh stamps nice. I think stamps are bit 1980's these days (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Since we now have computers I think controlled documents can be made 'read only' on the company intranet or Quality Manager's hard drive. Then add a simple statement in the footer of all documents stating "UNCONTROLLED IF PRINTED".

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

denzoo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:19 AM

very shy of me :unsure: ,

but simon, that's the fact happen in our company. our cost still don't get there yet. good input anyway, perhaps we can develop our intranet system next.

still i have question about doc. which used manually i.e. forms, labels. in our company we fill the blanks form for the report manually, and distribute it externally. we use it to deliver our product for sister company. what about that?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

Dear Denzoo,

Quite right ! You can't beat the printed word. :thumbup:

Sorry but I didn't 100% understand yr question -

By "label" do you mean a self-sticker attached to a printed document ? (would be unusual and, IMEX, expensive) or are you referring to the result of using a "stamp", or a simple glueable label or ?

If you are asking as to the proper usage of master / controlled / uncontrolled documents, yes there is an encyclopaedia of rules, some mostly agreed, some happily debated at infinite length in ISO 9000 forums.

I hv also seen arguments as to the exact status of a printed label within the "mcu" hierarchy. Was that yr question ? :biggrin:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

but simon, that's the fact happen in our company. our cost still don't get there yet. good input anyway, perhaps we can develop our intranet system next.

Ok sorry. But you create the original documents on a computer? If so, add the unctrolled statement to the master and reissue the documents.

For external distributed documents I personally would not have anything on them.

Ask yourself what are you trying to achieve / protect, what mistakes or confusion are you trying to prevent. Then think of the simplest way to do it. Stamps are not the simplest mehtod, the aim should be to get rid of the stamps.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Julie

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Can some one give me information on Document Control?

Thanks,

Julie

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Dear Denzoo,

I really need some guidelines to document controll for our company.

Guidelines for above are as under. But remember, these are only guidelines or some of the many good practices. These are NOT STANDARD PRACTICES. These are not stated in any standard (or at least as far as I know) . However, once documented, these guidelines become standard practices for the particular company.

1. Color Stamping is generally considered as a good practice, especially when your documentation system is manual based. Stamping is a visual tool that prominently indicates what is controlled and what is not. Another advantage of stamping (which IMO you are not using) is that there is no need to stamp documents other than controlled document as "UNCONTROLLED DOCUMENT". Instead, you can clarify by writing in your procedure that "all documents (except forms/formats) without stamp or photocopies of stamped documents are considered as uncontrolled."

2- Usually blue color stamp is used for identification of controlled document and red for old or obsolete document, if retained for some purpose. Color is a visual indicator that helps to promptly identify controlled document and obsolete document.

3-It is a good practice to keep a copy of obsolete document because some time you need it as a reference.

If the person or department to whom you are distributing your document would need the updated document whenever it is revised, you should have a control over that document too.

The example is a format for recording inspection results to be recorded by a manufacturer. The format, might be designed by an assembler, contains specifications for inspection. Whenever specifications change, checklist should be updated accordingly so that manufacturer use the updated form next time. Another example is parts drawings provided by assembler to vendor(s). Whenever design is changed by the assembler, the updated drawing should be sent to all those vendors who were using the old drawing.

You can control such documents with stamping and proper distribution sheet. But remember, whatever you do, you should write that practice in your procedure so that you or any body else would be well aware of the standard practice of your company.

If you are distributing a record, they need not to be controlled. Only updated records need to be distributed with update information.

For Julie,

Here is a sample flow diagram for understanding the control of documents.

Attached File  draft.jpg   117.05KB   162 downloads

Hope it works! :smarty:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users