Are you looking for a Technical manager role in a small and friendly business, with sociable work hours? Do you want to make a meaningful impact on the systems and processes? As well as broaden your product knowledge from food, to cover cookware and tableware?
As the first full-time technical hire in this fast-growing business, you'll be excited to drive a business’s compliance and quality forward, possibly targeting a third-party audit in the future.
You'll have a pragmatic approach, enjoy problem-solving and be happy to work by yourself.
The Food Technical Manager manages the safety, legality and quality of food produced and sold by the business.
They will also carry out supplier assessments, site audits and be the technical lead on any new product development: reviewing supplier compliance, product specifications, and labelling for the consumer. They'll also be the technical point of contact for customers, investigating any customer queries, and be responsible for continuous improvement in all aspects of food safety in the business.
The role is based at our offices in Hornsey, London N8.
- 3 years+ technical or quality management experience
- Experience of preparing a business for BRC accreditation or similar
- Knowledge and experience of being part of or leading a HACCP team
- Educated to degree level in Food Science or Food Technology
- (Preferred) Experience of working with a large and diverse product range, perhaps importing ambient goods (including spices) from around the world; as well as experience of products destined for the final consumer
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme, and other perks including discounts at major retailers
- Up to £600 / year of vouchers to spend at Sous Chef
- Potential to increase days worked as the business grows
- Consistent, sociable working hours
- Friendly, small team environment
Please send your CV and a cover letter that briefly highlights your career goals, interest in the role, and background to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although a 'closing date' is listed, we are interviewing on a rolling basis, and may close appplications before that. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible.