This hands-on position supervises, organizes, and directs quality department personnel in all phases of QA/QC process to assure the facility operates in accordance to Regulatory, SQF System Level 3, and Rockview Farms Standards. Ensure that the plant products manufactured conform to Rockview Farms defined product quality and food safety standards, as well as Federal, State and local standards of product identity and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). The successful candidate must be able to oversee and monitor our SQF System Level 3 program (SQF Practitioner). The candidate must understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all food safety training and food safety information) associated with this position which is written in English. This position will also work closely with operations to ensure facility & equipment sanitation program is effective.
- Supervises adherence to GMP’s with regards to sanitation
- Fills in and relieves Quality Systems Technicians as needed
- Supervise and actively engage in Quality Assurance and Control programs
- Responsibility and authority to review and maintain the SQF Level 3 System as appropriate, take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System, and communicate relevant information to the Quality Systems Manager and staff to ensure that the program is maintained
- Monitor, audit, and modify as necessary, processing and packaging cleaning systems to ensure optimal performance and sanitation
- Ensure compliance with company, and regulatory, product quality standards, sanitation standards, food safety standards, employee safety standards, and environmental standards
- Ensures that proper GMP & housekeeping procedures are followed plant-wide
- Be proactive in identifying needs around the plant
- Works closely with management and production personnel on sanitation issues, recommending changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures, and standards
- Compiles reports regarding regulatory inspections, internal audits, external audits, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies
- Ensuring plant readiness for inspections. These inspections include, but are not limited to: CDFA, FDA, USDA, vendors, internal and external audits
- Continue the development of training programs for sanitation and GMP’s, train employees as appropriate
- Facilitate the implementation of responses to address sanitation and regulatory issues and trends
- Work with operations and chemical suppliers on chemical system and sanitation improvements
- Oversee and support the plant laboratory as necessary
- Participate in developing and maintaining plant safety awareness
- Maintain master sanitation schedule to ensure compliance
- Monitor adherence to a master sanitation and PM programs assure tasks are being completed
- Special projects as assigned
- Conduct trainings and participate in meetings when assigned
- SQF Experience (SQF Practitioner preferred)
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure, with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Strong ability to analyze relevant data/information and provide summary and trend reporting where appropriate
- Higher level education (BS/MS) in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- 2 to 5 years of Quality/Sanitation Supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel required)
- Certified SQF Practitioner and HACCP training, preferred
- Continuous Improvement Experience, preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which is written in English.
Rockview Farms offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; short and long-term disability insurance; life/AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; incentive program; and a 401(k) retirement benefits.
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Furthermore, the company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.