• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

Hi,

Can some one elaborate the following please: Transport and storage (from despatch to first trade customer) quality specifications must exist for all finished products.

I am not able to understand what it means exactly.

Thanks,

Julie

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,252 posts
  • 1301 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi,

Can some one elaborate the following please: Transport and storage (from despatch to first trade customer) quality specifications must exist for all finished products.

I am not able to understand what it means exactly.

Thanks,

Julie

Well I'm not surprised because it doesn't make much sense to me. :huh:

Storage and Transport are usually related to your own warehouse storage, loading of customer orders onto vehicles and then delivery to the customer. First trade customers are the customers that you sell to directly.

You should have a specification for each of your products containing information about the product. I don't like the term quality specification because it implies that food safety information, which is clearly more important, does not need to be included.

Regards,

Tony :smile:

Ayayay

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hi,
I do not like quality specification, too. I think that more precise will be quality or analysis certificate, which has to include analysis results for your finished product. By this you prove that the product corresponds to the product specification. Of course you can transport all the products and give specification but the specification every time is the same for a product and there is no sense to do that. But if this is a client requirement you will have to send the goods with a specification.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,252 posts
  • 1301 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi,
I do not like quality specification, too. I think that more precise will be quality or analysis certificate, which has to include analysis results for your finished product. By this you prove that the product corresponds to the product specification. Of course you can transport all the products and give specification but the specification every time is the same for a product and there is no sense to do that. But if this is a client requirement you will have to send the goods with a specification.

:smarty:

Hi Ayayay

Yes you're right, goods are normally delivered with a certificate of analysis or conformity not a specification which is normally agreed at the contractual stage.

Regards,

Tony :smile:

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

n my view that statement is to make sure costumer storage and deliver the product with right manner...

IMO we can state the spesification of storage and transport at the product spesification or product description
for example Product is hygroscopic and can absorb odour therefore adequate protection is essential.
It is recommended that the product is stored at temperature below 25ºC and relative humidity below 65%.
It should be stored in an odour-free environment and be kept away from sunlight.

rgds

As Nur

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

IMHO, quality specifications include "food safety aspects" also. (My philosophy is that "food safety" is one and obviously the most important features of the overall quality of a food product).

IMO, the statement means

"All pertinent quality specifications, including specifications related to food safety, must exist for all finished products during transport and storage, including but not limited to following:

1- Applicable storage conditions during transportation, such as temperature, humidity etc.

2- Applicable conditions during storage at first trade customer, such as safety labeling, safe stacking, temperature, prevention against direct sunlight etc.
"

In other words, Transport and storage (from despatch to first trade customer) quality specifications must exist for all finished products means all quality requirements including food safety aspects, concerned with transportation and storage at first trade customer, must be documented and made available at the point of use.

Since, I am not a food safety expert, I have no clear idea about food safety aspects to be considered during transportation and storage. Experts may help!!! :whistle:

Regards:

Zeeshan.

Edited by Zeeshan, 09 September 2009 - 03:02 AM.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users