• Quick Navigation
Photo

What does the difference between CCP and CP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Dear All:

I just want to ask and might this question has been asked by somebody in the past days. What is the difference between CCP and CP? Please confirm the answer with example to be quite clear.

Thanks
Monzer

Edited by hygienic, 18 October 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:57 AM

There are several decision tress that can be used to help show the difference between a CCP and a CP. A CCP is critical - absolutely necessary to control (reduce or eliminate) a reasonable likely food safety hazard in the process. For example - cooking poultrhy - the cook step is a CCP to destroy Salmonella. The hazard is likley, the control step is necessary.

A CP is a control step which may be important and good - but not crucial - either because the risk is low or because a mistake is not likley. For example, you might check to be sure employees are washing their hands throughout the day in the processing environment. This helps control, but is not necessarily a critical factor because it might be known that this is routinely under control and not a likley factor contributing to risk.

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:20 AM

Dear All:

I just want to ask and might this question has been asked by somebody in the past days. What is the difference between CCP and CP? Please confirm the answer with example to be quite clear.

Thanks
Monzer

I believe this may have been covered once or twice before.

I agree with Cathy's definition but would change the wording from reasonably likely to significant hazard.

Lots of definitions and information from our friendly poster Charles C here:

http://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=7008#

Regards,

Tony :smile:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users