Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

I don't know about you but after the draw for the 2010 World Cup earlier today I’m getting very excited.

On paper England have a decent draw with USA, Algeria and Slovakia in their group, but no doubt they will mess it up. The pundits on TV here were discussing who England could meet in the last 16 (maybe Germany), quarter finals (perhaps France), semi finals (possibly Brazil). And that’s as far as they got. :rolleyes:

Who is your country? What do you think about the draw? Maybe your country didn’t qualify – well who will you be supporting next summer?

World Cup 2010 South Africa

We'll definitely have to think of a competition for this one.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

How time flies its world cup again,we welcome everyone to Africa.For my team it will have to be cote de voire and England at the finals.Anybody placing a bet on this

antoni sola

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

At this moment my country cannot play in this competition. But, we're are going to play a non-official match against Argentina in few days (22th Dec).
Posted Image

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

How time flies its world cup again,we welcome everyone to Africa.For my team it will have to be cote de voire and England at the finals.Anybody placing a bet on this

The group with the Ivory Coast (as we call it) is the group of death with Brazil and Portugal also in there. Being English I will be supporting my home country, but I can see Spain winning to follow up on their Euro 2008 win. The way Barcelona mauled manchester United in last years UCL final adds to the strength of Spanish football at the moment. I think an African nation will do well, maybe Nigeria and Brazil will be close as usual. Oh and I forgot the Germans..

So in no particular order these are my favourites at the moment.

Germany, Brazil, England, Spain, Nigeria.

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Theo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Nigeria
    Nigeria

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Simon,

Talking about the world cup and also mentioning Nigeria as one of ur favourites [which makes me feel good]. I was thinking what preparation South Africa has made about Food Safety for visiting teams and fans?

Does anyone know if FIFA or UEFA has a unit dedicated to Food Safety within the organisation [maybe a food safety desk or sumpn] that works with the Local Organising Committees of the host nations for all soccer tournaments in coordinating Food Safety activities and measures in hotels etc etc? A surreal tabloid headline could read "SALMONELLA STOPS ENGLAND IN WORLD CUP"

Theo

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Simon,

Talking about the world cup and also mentioning Nigeria as one of ur favourites [which makes me feel good]. I was thinking what preparation South Africa has made about Food Safety for visiting teams and fans?

Does anyone know if FIFA or UEFA has a unit dedicated to Food Safety within the organisation [maybe a food safety desk or sumpn] that works with the Local Organising Committees of the host nations for all soccer tournaments in coordinating Food Safety activities and measures in hotels etc etc? A surreal tabloid headline could read "SALMONELLA STOPS ENGLAND IN WORLD CUP"

Theo

I very much doubt it. All food establishments, restaurants, cafes, hotels, hot dog stands etc. etc. should have their own food safety management systems in place and comply with national, regional, industry law, codes of practice and standards. And it should be policed by the relevant body. I think it would be a little bit unfair to expect FIFA or UEFA to take responsibility for this.

Just my opinion.

Theo you've maanged to change an exciting subject "football" into "food safety". :smile: 10/10 for your creativity. :clap:

I'm going to change it back. :smile:

How good is the Nigerian team right now - who are the stars we should look out for?

Regards,
Simon

Theo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Nigeria
    Nigeria

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

The Nigerian team wasn't very impressive in the qualifying stages...as a matter of fact Nigeria qualified by the skin of the tooth. But we Nigerians are used to our National Teams unpredicatableness so I wont be suprised cause some upset at the World Cup.

Nigerian Players to watch for at the World Cup are Kanu [Portsmouth] Yakubu Aiyegbeni [Everton] and Michel Obi [Chelsea].

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Dear Theo,

Does a tooth hv skin ? :smarty: ?

Nigerian Players to watch for at the World Cup are Kanu [Portsmouth] Yakubu Aiyegbeni [Everton] and Michel Obi [Chelsea].

Any of the above below 35 yrs old ?? :biggrin:

It is perhaps interesting to speculate in advance on the most likely-to-be-used reason for failure in terms of frequency. Perhaps the heat ? Not sure on the air quality (as per Olympics) ? And, as mentioned, the food ???? Simple variable (travel) flora is certainly a recognised cause of body reactions even in the absence of pathogens.

Based on recent incidents in the Premier league, may well be the referees. American Football does it quite well IMO although the delays involved are obviously a problem.

A football-friendly version of Hawkeye is surely long overdue ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

I agree with hawk-eye Charles or similar if used sparingly like 'has the ball crossed the line' - although it could backfire (1966). I'd be happy for it to be used on 'hand of god' incidents.

Who is the best African team?

Theo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Nigeria
    Nigeria

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

I think Cameroun or Cote D'Ivoire will prove to be the strongest of African teams at thte world cup finals next year.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

I think Cameroun or Cote D'Ivoire will prove to be the strongest of African teams at thte world cup finals next year.

I love Cameroon; I remember Roger Milla (spelling?) from the 1990 World Cup in Italy. If I remember rightly England beat Cameroon 3-2 in the last 16. We came from behind twice and Gary Linekar scored two penalties. That's how my memory recalls it from almost 20 years later. :helpplease: I loved the 1990 World Cup. We should have beaten Germany in the semi and we may have beaten a poor Argentina in the Final. We should have won that year - oh what joy it would have been to beat Germany and Argentina to with the World Cup. :crybaby:

Regards,
Simon

Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany
  • Interests:music( Gothic; Punk; Metal; Indie);culture of Maya; Canada;<br />Mangas/Animes;student club; ski jumping ...and of course food

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

:helpplease: I loved the 1990 World Cup. We should have beaten Germany in the semi and we may have beaten a poor Argentina in the Final. We should have won that year - oh what joy it would have been to beat Germany and Argentina to with the World Cup. :crybaby:

:tongue: That was the strenght of a just reunited Germany. But of course I can't remeber it so I don't know how it feels when your nation becomes worldchampion.

If we manage to get far this year (at least semi-final) it's because our players has been motivated by the suiccide of Robert Enke. If we fail it's because our players are still shocked by the suiccide of Robert Enke.
I can't tell how the German will do. Just hope they will play better than they did in the qualification. Though we 've won I didn't like the way they played, it was not that passionate attacking football they showed in 2006. The last good match they had was against Portugal at the Euro 2008.

In my opinion Spain and Brazil are the top favourites but some African team may have good chances,too.

"I believe in a madness called now."
(X-Japan--Art of life)

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,242 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

I am praying England get at least to the semis as I am an England fans member and have been allocated tickets for the semi and final if we get there.

Of the other teams Spain would be the team to beat. Germany, Holland and Brazil are possibles. Of the African teams I would pick Ghana.

Come on Eng-er-land

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

my favorite team still Brazil... i hope brazil can reach fifa trophy again... and i t hink is good brazil Vs Spain in final.. thats the ideal final...
hope so

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,242 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:31 AM

my favorite team still Brazil... i hope brazil can reach fifa trophy again... and i t hink is good brazil Vs Spain in final.. thats the ideal final...
hope so

Maybe yours but my ideal final is England v Argentina or England v Germany !

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

Never mind the football....did you see the Rugby on Saturday?????

Well, the longest 2 minutes of my life! well worth a watch!

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,242 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

Never mind the football....did you see the Rugby on Saturday?????

Well, the longest 2 minutes of my life! well worth a watch!

Have you got a link to last weeks game as well !

Regards,

Tony

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Regards,

Tony

LOL - thanks for cheering me up. Anyway back to the real man's game, the beautiful game...football. Looking forward to the match tonight - Man United V's AC Milan and Beckham. I predict 1-1.

Re the World Cup it has to be England beating Germany in the Final, or Argentina, or Brazil, or Italy, or Spain, or France. I'll take any. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,242 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

Regards,

Tony

http://www.sportpost... Wal highlights

I thought I might have to find it myself !

Regards,

Tony

rosie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 118 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Yea Caz

Back to rugby - IRELAND for the championship

Rosie

Attached Files

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yea Caz

Rosie

France are looking good though! my money is on them.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,242 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:13 AM

Yea Caz

Rosie

If you want to stay on the rugby theme then have a look at this:

Chac

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany
  • Interests:music( Gothic; Punk; Metal; Indie);culture of Maya; Canada;<br />Mangas/Animes;student club; ski jumping ...and of course food

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Re the World Cup it has to be England beating Germany in the Final, or Argentina, or Brazil, or Italy, or Spain, or France. I'll take any. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,

forget about dreaming of a final England vs. Germany, both teams will never get this far.

If the german proof me wrong, than I would like to take England, too. At least we have a chance of winning there, of course in penalty shootout :biggrin: .

"I believe in a madness called now."
(X-Japan--Art of life)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hi Simon,

forget about dreaming of a final England vs. Germany, both teams will never get this far.

If the german proof me wrong, than I would like to take England, too. At least we have a chance of winning there, of course in penalty shootout :biggrin: .

Very funny Chac, but so true. :lol:

That's the big difference we have high expectation and low results whereas you have low expectation but high results. Apart from 1966 and when we beat you 5-0 recently.

You know Germany are responsible for spoiling the best time of my life.

Back in the summer of 1990 the sun was shining I was young and full of Joie de vivre; it was the World Cup in Italy. England had the best song in the world “Three lions on me shirt…” – we had Gazza. Ok he cried a lot but he was our Maradonna. We beat Cameroon coming from behind twice; Belgium in the quarter final and we played the Germans in the semi final. We thrashed you for 90 minutes and through extra time, but again lost out on penalties. I think it was because your players had better mullets than us (apart from Chris waddle).

The rest is history Germany went on to beat a very poor and extremely dirty Argentina team in the dourest World Cup final of all time. We could have beat Germany in the semis and the Argies in the final thus recompensing the hand of god. But it was all ruined, my summer was over.

Thanks a lot Chac.

Regards,
Simon

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

At this moment my country cannot play in this competition. But, we're are going to play a non-official match against Argentina in few days (22th Dec).
Posted Image

By the way what was the score?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users