• 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

Hi everyone.

I would like to introduce myself.

I am a Quality Manager working for a dairy company in Melbourne, Australia.

I have found this site very informative and use information gathered from here to try to move the mindset of our management from the 20th Century to the 21st Century. It is a challenging and interesting job.

I look forward to participating more in the discussions on this site.

Thanks.

Edited by Hillsie, 15 May 2011 - 12:35 PM.

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

Dear Hillsie,

Welcome to this forum,its interesting and informative to be here.Howz Australia?

Regards,
Jeremy

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone.

We manufacture Yoghurts, Milks and Flavoured Milks, Ice Cream, Soft Cheeses (Quarg, Baker's Cheese, Cottage Cheese and Continental Slicing Cheese), Hard Cheeses (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss- style, Parmesan, Gouda and Havarti), Fetta, Sour Cream and Cream.

All of these products are made with a workforce of 10 production staff.

The products are Kosher and are sold to the Australian Adass community and a couple of major supermarket chains.

I have found this site very informative and use information gathered from here to try to move the mindset of our management from the 20th Century to the 21st Century. It is a challenging and interesting job.

Thanks.

Hi Hillsie

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a few of us dairy people on here, so feel free to join in with the discussions

Caz x

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone.

We manufacture Yoghurts, Milks and Flavoured Milks, Ice Cream, Soft Cheeses (Quarg, Baker's Cheese, Cottage Cheese and Continental Slicing Cheese), Hard Cheeses (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss- style, Parmesan, Gouda and Havarti), Fetta, Sour Cream and Cream.

The products are Kosher and are sold to the Australian Adass community and a couple of major supermarket chains.

Thanks.

Hi Hillsie, Quite an array of products, which is especially impressive with only 10 production staff. I imagine you must be highly automated.

I'm glad you are enjoying the site and finding it useful and I hope you do find some time to join the discussions.

One question – who are the Australian Adass community? Please excuse my ignorance.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Hillsie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

In hindsight the information that I left out is blindingly obvious, sorry colleagues. :doh:

The company is not automated Simon, we are a boutique dairy. Our Chief Cheese maker has about 40 years experience.

I am not a member of the Jewish community but the Adass are a small, ultra- orthodox Jewish community. I knew nothing about this community even after living in Melbourne for 25years. The following links give information from a major daily newspaper here in Melbourne, the local Jewish newspaper and the company's homepage:
http://www.theage.co...5126111234.html
http://chareidi.shem...k/australia.htm
http://www.tempofoods.com.au/

Jeremy we get used to extremes in Australia. The weather here in Melbourne can be variable. We often say that we can have 4 seasons in 1 day.

Over the last month the maximum temperatures have varied from 17.8 to 39.2 degrees Celsius. Our minimum varied from 9.6 to 20.9. December is normally the wettest month. We have only received 50mm of rain though.

In New South Wales, a state north of Victoria, they are experiencing floods in the north and bushfires in the south, less than a thousand km apart.

I find the site a fantastic source of information and discussion. I will contribute as much as I can. I love the emoticons! :bye:

Edited by Hillsie, 24 August 2010 - 03:52 AM.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hi everyone.

Thanks.

:welcome: Hillsie

I am a dairy bod too. I am sure you will find the forums useful.

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 04 January 2010 - 07:20 AM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users