• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

I'm checking the info abour the release of ISO22002-1. Has anybody had the chance of looking at it?

What's the difference with PAS220?

Regards

Excel

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

Ken posted this:

I've had a chance to read the standard and it is based on BS PAS 220:2008. I think this must the start of a series which specifies pre-requesites for different sectors of the food industry to expand 7.2.3 of ISO 22000. If so we can expect to see more over time (anyone know of others under development?).

Regards

Ken

Regards,

FSSM

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1364 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I'm checking the info abour the release of ISO22002-1. Has anybody had the chance of looking at it?

What's the difference with PAS220?

Regards

Excel

From what I know it's just the same except you substitute ISO22002-1 for PAS220 throughout. Content is the same.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

excellens

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Confirmed,

Contents are EXACTLY the same

Regards

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:58 AM

Confirmed,

Contents are EXACTLY the same

Regards

And I would expect PAS 220 to be withdrawn as a consequence, after all an ISO Technical Specification has more credibility than a Publicly Available Specification from BSI. Since PAS 220 is more expensive I can't see them selling too many more.

Regards,

Tony

excellens

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Tony,

It's also easier to refer to a ISO/TS in the documents, than to a PAS, so definitively we are looking at the end of PAS220.

At the end, a PAS is approved by 50% and the TS by 75% of TC34

Regards

Excel

Biss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:37 AM

Hi,

see the attached content page

Attached Files

Biss

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

I just don’t understand:

When ISO-22000 was a draft, a lot of people that were working on the standard mention that they want harmonization in the food chain… “FINALLY a food standard for the whole food chain…!!!!”

And it was true! – But now they are writing specifications for food manufacturing!!! We are moving in the opposite direction, and now (for some reason) we need to be “so specific”.

I remember one time one person said: “ISO-22000 does not mention allergens, it is a good thing that PAS 220 includes it” - - Really? I thing he forgot clause 7.2.3 g (Measures to prevent cross contamination).

Also, I think a lot of people that were pushing PAS 220 forgot the ISO 72 Guide… “No specification / performance levels in a management system," NEVER.

I think that’s why a quality consultant (she is a friend of mine) always tell me: “people in the food sector are so peculiar”

Saludos!

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

I just don’t understand:

When ISO-22000 was a draft, a lot of people that were working on the standard mention that they want harmonization in the food chain… “FINALLY a food standard for the whole food chain…!!!!”

And it was true! – But now they are writing specifications for food manufacturing!!! We are moving in the opposite direction, and now (for some reason) we need to be “so specific”.

I remember one time one person said: “ISO-22000 does not mention allergens, it is a good thing that PAS 220 includes it” - - Really? I thing he forgot clause 7.2.3 g (Measures to prevent cross contamination).

ISO 22000 isn't really prescriptive enough on this at least ISO 22002 Section 10.3 Allergen Management gives some guidance

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users