Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

I'm curious to the people who have embraced the idea of automation to conduct data collection for food safety inspections?

In particular, those food establishments that have embraced a "rugged handheld" or mobile solution that allows you to conduct audits, collect data and easily report against specs - what have you found valuable to this implementation and why did you choose to implement such a solution? Note: I am not talking about barcoding, however tasking food production or store level personnel to conduct inspections (typically done of clipboards or manually collected and stored physically on-premise) like temps, and other control point or HACCP related data colleciton or food safety audit (e.g. animal welfare, pre-op inspection)...

Also, what vendor or technology do you use to facilitate this type of method? Have you found them to be responsive, adaptive and reliable?

Thanks,
James

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

There must be users of this technology :dunno: anyone interested in discussing with James?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

DebD

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Everything to do with Food!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hello All,

I would also be interested in anything anyone has on this subject as we have looked into this in the past with little success. We currently run a system that is paper based and I'd like to reduce this wherever possible.

Any advice would be much apreciated.

DebD

I'm curious to the people who have embraced the idea of automation to conduct data collection for food safety inspections?

In particular, those food establishments that have embraced a "rugged handheld" or mobile solution that allows you to conduct audits, collect data and easily report against specs - what have you found valuable to this implementation and why did you choose to implement such a solution? Note: I am not talking about barcoding, however tasking food production or store level personnel to conduct inspections (typically done of clipboards or manually collected and stored physically on-premise) like temps, and other control point or HACCP related data colleciton or food safety audit (e.g. animal welfare, pre-op inspection)...

Also, what vendor or technology do you use to facilitate this type of method? Have you found them to be responsive, adaptive and reliable?

Thanks,
James

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users