• 41 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality Management Systems, Microbiology, Meditation

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

HI Everyone,

I am looking for ASTA Microbiological Methods for ground & whole spices as our few of the clients are asking testing to be done as per ASTA Micro methods.Presently we are doing as per USFDA BAM.
\
If any one can have the method, please share the same.

Regards

Bhavin

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Can anyone help Bhavin?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

Dear Bhavin Raval,

I think this is actually a book - Official microbiological methods of the American Spice Trade Association, sort of like AOAC but for spices.

Unfortunately, although it is Google listed (the 1976 ed.), there is no contents version on-line AFAI can see. You will probably need a library, or Amazon :smile: .

Or were you thinking of a specific test?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bhavin Raval

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality Management Systems, Microbiology, Meditation

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your reply......

normally with regards to spices, ASTA= American Spice Trade Association Methods are been followed which are basically based on AOAC and IS methods. But ASTA had published only one edition for micro testing, but unfortunately it is not available anywhere and now a days our clients has started asking for ref only as per ASTA micro methods.

I have got ASTA methods with me but the micro methods are based on FDA BAM only.

Regards,

Dear Bhavin Raval,

I think this is actually a book - Official microbiological methods of the American Spice Trade Association, sort of like AOAC but for spices.

Unfortunately, although it is Google listed (the 1976 ed.), there is no contents version on-line AFAI can see. You will probably need a library, or Amazon :smile: .

Or were you thinking of a specific test?

Rgds / Charles.C

jenky

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 37 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

There is a book published by ASTA and is available for purchase on their website - Official Analytical Methods fo the American Spice Trade Association. the current edition is 1997 - with updates from 2004. However, the book is mainly comprised of methods relating to physical and chemical testing methods for spices. There is only an appendix that lists ASTA recommend test micro methods by test organism. All of the methods listed reference methods in FDA-BAM, AOAC, and the Compedium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users