Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I am seeking for an example of the x-ray machine operation procedure and Radiation Protection Plan for a Food Processing operation.  We are researching and looking into acquiring X ray equipment for our operation. 

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Kelio

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hello Kelio,

Robert Rogers of Mettler Toledo gave a great presentation at the recent Food Safety Live Conference.  You can watch the recording here: Designing & Implementing a Robust Foreign Material Prevention Program - I can assure you it's well worth it.  In the meantime hopefully somebody will pick up on your questions.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Robert Rogers

Grade - AIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 36 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. 

As far as an operating procedure, for that I may need some clarification.

Typically systems are set to successfully inspect the product through either manual or automatic set up procedures. Verification of proper set up and operation is conducted prior to production run and re verified at predetermined frequencies throughout the production run and again at the conclusion of the run. This activity should include verification of detection , rejection and any other activity involved in the safety plan. (i.e. segregating the product, disposal, rework. etc..)

Regarding the Radiation Protection Plan for a Food Processing, typically when systems are installed, moved or modified in any way a radiation survey is conducted to ensure the emissions are within the specified guidelines. These specified guidelines could be Federal, State or Country specifications. It is always best to check with local enforcement to be sure the system is in compliance.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users