• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to prove commitment towards clause 8.5.2 and 8.5.1?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
- - - - -

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

what is the best Methodology to be defined in order to prove the commitement tward clause # 8.5.2 and 8.5.1 ??

Hygienic

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

What does it say in these clauses?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Helping and mentoring others to achieve their food safety and HACCP compliance outcomes.

BRC Consultant

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Don't quote me but off the top of my head - Continual improvement and updating FSM systems???

Commitment is shown through undertaking continual improvement activities like management review, internal audit, stated verification activities. This can be evidenced in an external audit with the corresponding records, reports, meeting minutes.

Am I on on the right track for what you were after hygienic?

Click here to get The Ultimate Guide to HACCP Certification

Read our article on How to be a Successful HACCP Team Leader

Update your HACCP knowledge with our accredited Codex HACCP 2020 Update Online Training

HACCP Mentor is a global food safety compliance and education platform that makes food safety, quality and HACCP compliance easy.

Find us at www.haccpmentor.com

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Yes Mintor , your answer is  correct, I just wanted few information to complete my documentation perior Audit ,

then , as you are familier in ISO22k, let me jumb to another question in the same standard , in clause # 8 , 8.2 specificaly , what kind of evidence for validation of control measure ? and how to establish the change of management methodology?

Thanks for  sharing .

Hygienic

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Yes Mintor , your answer is  correct, I just wanted few information to complete my documentation perior Audit ,

then , as you are familier in ISO22k, let me jumb to another question in the same standard , in clause # 8 , 8.2 specificaly , what kind of evidence for validation of control measure ? and how to establish the change of management methodology?

Thanks for  sharing .

Hygienic

Dear Hygienic,

Regarding validation, I suggest you obtain a copy of ISO 22004.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

The application of resources including human resources can also be used as evidence. No humans, no work...:)

George

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dear Hygienic,

Regarding validation, I suggest you obtain a copy of ISO 22004.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles;

I have seen and read 22004 , and please correct me if iam wrong this is  like guidance of how to use and understand the ISO22000 , I mean not a separate standard.

any way it has detailed about the validation methods , now it is understood , thanks alot

Hygienic

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

These sections relate to improvement
8.5.1 Continual improvement
Can be demonstrated.......... through the 'use of communication, management review, internal audit, evaluation of individual verification results, analysis of results of verification activities, validation of control measure combinations, corrective actions and food safety management system updating'.

8.5.2 Updating the food safety management system
Can be demonstrated.......... through ensuring 'that the food safety management system is continually updated.'
By....... 'the food safety team evaluating the food safety management system at planned intervals.'
Evaluation based on
'a) input from communication
b) input from other information concerning the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the food safety management system
c) output from the analysis of results of verification activities
d) output from management review
'

Regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

Dear Charles;

I have seen and read 22004 , and please correct me if iam wrong this is  like guidance of how to use and understand the ISO22000 , I mean not a separate standard.

any way it has detailed about the validation methods , now it is understood , thanks alot

Hygienic

Dear hygienic,

Re- Correctness - Yes and No. :smile:

You can find an ISO comment somewhere stating something like " the requirements in ISO 22004 supercede ISO 22000" (where relevant, [my words]).

ISO 22004 was rushed out to take care of some (immediately) pointed out confusing elements of ISO 22000. In some instances the ambiguities still remain, some perhaps even more so. :smile:

IMHO, many organisations would hv issued an updated version of ISO 22000 years ago, as the inbuilt ISO review system allows. However at least their obstinacy  minimises purchase costs.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users