PremixBelle

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Swimming, Running, Biking, Yoga, Football, Cooking, Traveling, Aquariums, Scrapbooking, People Watching, DIY, Reading, and Career Advance Courses.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hello:

I would like to help educate and STRESS to our sales staff about the time it takes for raw material/product approval, as well as, generating finished documentation. This is something I struggle with every day!  

The idea is we would like to show our sales staff everything that we have to do on the Quality/Regulatory side to get a new product set up for production. This would be maybe a 20-30 minute presentation briefly taking them though raw material approval, finished product approval, finished product documentation creation, Kosher certification, COA template creation, etc. 

Right now the goal is to give our sales staff an insight or flow into the process so that they understand why it is important to communicate and understand certain inquires such as: Kosher status, GMO Status, special labeling claims, CofA testing requirements, etc. up front.

Any suggestions or ideas you may have on how to communicate that Quality/Regulatory is not just a “documents” job would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if anyone has a flow chart that they can share or a presentation template that they have used in the past.

Thank you for your support and time.

Best,

DK :crying: 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Dear PremixBelle,

Thank you for your support and time.

No offence intended but this is a reciprocal concept -

http://www.ifsqn.com...nts/#entry67662

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

PremixBelle

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Swimming, Running, Biking, Yoga, Football, Cooking, Traveling, Aquariums, Scrapbooking, People Watching, DIY, Reading, and Career Advance Courses.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

My apologies. Thank you for your response.

- DK

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

My apologies. Thank you for your response.

- DK

Dear PremixBelle,

It's no biggie. :smile:

Based on my own experience, my first choice to yr OP would be via a video. A picture speaks a thousand blah-blah. Seeing is believing.

I think there exist several (free) on-line US resources (probably FDA-type stuff) of the kind of content you refer. Some sites have previously been linked here but not recently so I don't remember the threads.

I tested searching for "video" + clicking the "as posts" in the  "display results" option. This allows you to continuously/directly scan through all the specific "hit"  texts located. Result 260 hits. Two, not quite what you were seeking but interesting, hits here - 

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=66125

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=60604

Obviously significant time is still involved but ...

Hopefully other people here will know links for some direct resources.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

PremixBelle

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Thank you, Charles. This really helped!!

- DK

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,833 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Sales staff are charged with getting new business, new customers, more sales, more margin, meeting and beating budgets and under pressure to get customers samples, trials and orders at very short lead times.  That's their world and nothing else matters.  They often cut corners and take risks in pursuit of their goals.  In my experience they do not understand or value the rest of the business. Paperwork, specifications, rules and procedures are just a hindrance.  Now then.  What do we do?  Educate them.  But we need to sell it to them based on what value it adds to their customers...meaning specifications and providing products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose are what the customer wants and expects.  

There is a compromise between speed and flexibility and dotting the i's and crossing the t's and effective and efficient processes that optimize both is the goal.  That way the customer wins all round.  Opening the discussion is the starting point and may take the form off an overview / presentation of both areas and what they need to achieve and then work together on how to get there.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users