MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition will be launching a new version of their risk assessment tool, FDA-iRISK.  They are going to give a free webinar on it on March 11.  Here is the link to the registration.

http://jifsan.umd.ed...rce=govdelivery

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the link.  I saw they were going to do a the webinar which I would like to see, but am so behind on all my webinars now...Ugh!

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

This idea is so cool, and I hope 2.0 is better than the first site (that one literally had 4 examples and didn't give me any actual risk analysis...In my head I was imagining entering something like "Contamination form not washing hands" and getting a matrix already filled out with a little score indicator, or at least something that told me "High / Medium / Low"

But I just got an invite for a webinar called "Managing allergens through the Environmental Monitoring Program", which is  a concept I've never even considered before that airs at the same time.   So now I'm trying to decide which one I'll watch

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

When I went to register for the iRisk 2.0 webinar it was already closed for registration. Now that the date of the webinar is past I found a JIFSAN web page celebrating the success of the webinar which hosted 400 people, but no link yet to view or download the webinar. The tool is available along with pdf  "quick start", "user manual", overview and technical article.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

When I went to register for the iRisk 2.0 webinar it was already closed for registration. Now that the date of the webinar is past I found a JIFSAN web page celebrating the success of the webinar which hosted 400 people, but no link yet to view or download the webinar. The tool is available along with pdf  "quick start", "user manual", overview and technical article.

The link below has a link to the recording of the webinar.

http://foodrisk.org/...ssessment-tool/

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

Thanked by 1 Member:

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hi Martha,

The link you provided goes to the same page I found. The page certainly has a heading that states

"FDA-iRISK 2.0 Webinar" but it is not a link (URL) to anything

I looked at it with 3 different browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) to help ascertain if it was my browser, but it seems to not be a link. The links that are available and functional on the page all lead the the webinar for iRisk 1.0 from 2012.

Are you able to actually get to a webinar for iRisk 2.0?  I'm not past believing and accepting that my mind fails me on occasion :shades: I think maybe the folks at JIFSAN have made an error on their page or just have not yet posted the links.

Kind Regards,

Xylough

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

http://jifsan.umd.ed...al_10-04-12.pdf

These are the slides for the webinar.  The audio was a phone in, so maybe it's not there.

Martha

Thanked by 1 Member:

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

I contacted the IT manager for the JIFSAN website and sent him a screenshot of the missing links for the iRisk Webinar 2.0. He responded:

"Our webinar was on March 11th and we do plan on posting the recording on that page.  Unfortunately processing has taken longer than expected.  We will put a notice there that the recording will be posted later this month.

Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for your interest."

As so often is the case, the answer is wait.

Regards

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

The good people at JIFSAN posted the iRisk webinar 2.0 on YouTube today.

The presentation slides in PDF form are at: http://foodrisk.org/...ssessment-tool/

I have attached the pdf

Attached Files

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FDA, Risk analysis, iRISK 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users