• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hello!

Looking for practical advice of what an SQF auditor may be looking for in this audit situation. I have experience at three other companies with SQF audits and this will be my new company's third SQF audit, the third time this auditor has been here. So at this point, she may know more about this company's policies than I do!

My plan is to not change anything, just maintain status quo, and to know the current system well enough that I never have to fall back on, "well, I just started here." If I see any blatant problems with employee practices, I will update our procedures and train people but if we aren't keeping records of something, I may edit the frequency of record keeping or remove that control measure from our policies all together.

Other than the above plan, does anyone have advice for a plan of action going into an audit like this? I won't necessarily be blind but I haven't had control over the last year and the Quality Manual is not organized the way I would have done it.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Welcome to the IFSQN JSPDX.

:welcome:

As a priority I would check back on NC's from previous SQF audits, customer audits and internal audits and make sure you have all of these under control.  I would also do my own pre-audit to ensure no silly NC's waiting; this would involve all HOD's, so they are all busy working towards the common goal and are fully prepared.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users