• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hi QAGB,

Thks again, i rather expected yr response. In other words, the customers are trusting yr data. So no claims. Unfortunately it also means that zero feedback to compare lab. performance.

Frankly, IMO a result of 10,000cfu/g could easily show 5000cfu/g on a repeated analysis of the same sample. This means that the 2 limits are within the error range of the measurement. It's slightly apples and oranges but for comparison, the typical micro.specs use  M/m = 10:1

Well, the only systematic approach I know for predicting an APC level of prescribed safety margin below the maximum limit is a statistical one as per my preceding posts. I guess the choice is up to you. :smile:

Hi Charles,

Exactly. I'm pretty sure assumptions are made by the customers. We make certain assumptions too based on our suppliers until we have reason to investigate further.

We will eventually get this figured out (I'll stay optimistic), and I'll give some updates when I have them.

Thanks,

QAGB

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

As an update, it does appear the APC problems we've had are due to sanitation.

Basically, I've made sure to do lab tests on the residual water after cleaning, and with that mindset, the employees are taking more time with cleaning. We've only had a couple of results out of 15-20 that were on the higher side (but still in specification for customers). I've also started employing ATP testing on water samples to compare with APC, so that we can eventually get to the point of testing in-house for monitoring the cleaning.

I can't totally rule out the incoming product at this time, but everything is pointing to cleaning currently.

QAGB

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

As an update, it does appear the APC problems we've had are due to sanitation.

Basically, I've made sure to do lab tests on the residual water after cleaning, and with that mindset, the employees are taking more time with cleaning. We've only had a couple of results out of 15-20 that were on the higher side (but still in specification for customers). I've also started employing ATP testing on water samples to compare with APC, so that we can eventually get to the point of testing in-house for monitoring the cleaning.

I can't totally rule out the incoming product at this time, but everything is pointing to cleaning currently.

QAGB

I'll defer any comment until you've obtained a few  95%  CI's for average APCs of a few lots.

Not to say that any variation is limited to one factor of course.

i still find it remarkable that 2 different Grades can be related to limiting APCs of 5000 and 10,000 respectively.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users