Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Can anyone supply me with a Template (Sample SOP) to meet the requirement for the SQF Code for Product Development and Realization. 

jcohen246

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

The SOP would need to be based on your company's own product development process. The easiest method would be to develop a flow chart of all of the steps in your process to use an outline, then add in the details (people, decision points, decision criteria, metrics, financial and customer requirements, etc.) that the code requires.

ChristinaK

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 179 posts
  • 66 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

The SOP would need to be based on your company's own product development process. The easiest method would be to develop a flow chart of all of the steps in your process to use an outline, then add in the details (people, decision points, decision criteria, metrics, financial and customer requirements, etc.) that the code requires.

I agree.

If you must have a written procedure in the same format as your other procedures, the easiest thing to do is copy each step of the flow chart into the same format you use for other written procedures, then include the flow chart as an attachment. In my experience, auditors are more interested in reviewing the flow chart anyway, because it's easier to read. We've done this with our product development procedure and have never had a problem brought up during an audit.

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users