• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hello IFSQN!

I could use some assistance with my self-audit/self-inspection procedure; to bring you up to speed, I created my self-inspection program to incorporate all members of our facility's team (IE; office staff, production manager, logistics manager, CEO). In a nutshell, 3 individuals (1 representative from 3 separate departments) will conduct an inspection of the facility. In my program, I pointed out that the self-inspection will focus on the facility's sanitation/cleanliness, GMPs, integrity of the equipment and all glass and brittle plastics listed on our register, etc.  The point of this is to have everyone involved in the food safety process, and engaged with what is happening on the production floor. I also went with this method because, I believe, that three sets of eyes are much  more effective in catching non-conformities throughout the facility rather than just one individual (which is how we have done it in the past). 

My question for IFSQN is - when it comes to creating my form/checklist for the inspectors - how should I go about this? In the past, our checklist only focused on GMPs and not necessarily on equipment and the infrastructure of the facility. Would anyone be kind enough to provide some assistance/feedback on how to go about accomplishing this? Essentially, the observations that are made throughout the inspection will be turned into a work order that will be issued to the department that it relates to (just an FYI).

Thank you!

Zerokill_Guiding

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Fly Fishing

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

Good Morning,

I have provided some of the forms we use here at our facility. 

Attached File  Glass & Plastic Audit.xls   28KB   292 downloads

Attached File  Monthly Glass Plastic Audit.doc   83.5KB   244 downloads

Attached File  QM 2.5.7 Rev. 4 Internal Audits.doc   45.5KB   376 downloads

Attached File  QMR 022 Rev. 9 Glass and Hard Plastics Monthly Audit Form.xls   31KB   222 downloads

Attached File  QMR 042 Internal Audit Schedule 2014.xls   22KB   313 downloads

Attached File  Written Procedure Audit.xls   27.5KB   353 downloads

Attached File  Written Procedure Audit Program - Quarterly Schedule 2012-06-11.doc   209KB   298 downloads

Edited by Charles.C, 15 December 2017 - 05:16 PM.
formatted

Thanked by 3 Members:

BirchC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello,

Once you have your questions i would suggest having a look at applications such as SafetyCulture which has been great for me personally. it allows audits to be completed on computers or smart devices and then emailed upon completion to any relevant people. You can also link photo, etc. 

It cleans the whole internally auditing process up without having to pass paper around.

It also has the capability of measuring how many issues are raised for each point.

Kind regards,

Chad

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:52 PM

I have used the process you are describing with great success.  Our facility was large enough that we had 4 areas and 4 teams of 3 (production, maintenance, warehouse, office personnel were all involved).  I have never been a great fan of checklist so they were all trained annually (and rotated) on GMP, Sanitation, Food Defense, Glass/Brittle, Employee Safety, etc.  They were given a blank form with and documented non-conformance in different areas by the categories as well as by Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) and Corrective Actions (CA).  Each audit they would be given a blank form to document new issues, a copy of OFI from previous inspection and a copy of CA from previous inspections.  This allowed them to verify corrections as they performed the new inspection.

FishnFool

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

We have a similiar program that involves all departments.  We audit monthly and observations are turned into mpulse workorders.  Our documentation is set up so that each team of two gets a general list of equipment and other areas within the designated portion of the facility that they are to inspect.  The second page is a cad drawing of the plant.  The inspectors are to write down, safety, maintenance, gmp, sanitation or other observations on the first page and then mark their physical location on the second.  We also send them with cameras as support for the work order.  this works very well and satisfies our gfsi auditor.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi angelicab,

Not sure exactly what you are seeking (ie which modules) but IIRC SQF offer a free, excel, self-evaluation checklist on their website. Previously posted here a few times

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users