Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

I need to know how to write a food quality manual. Is there a template, a list of things to check off?

I need something to follow or show me how.

Thank you

#2 ashleyjongkind

ashleyjongkind

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

Following this. I'm interested in what everyone else did. I just printed every procedure and our HACCP plan, GMP's and put them in a binder. What kind of business are you in? Simon had a few good templates. I have the one for BRC food packaging if you need it.

#3 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 14,973 posts
  • 4120 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:17 AM

I need to know how to write a food quality manual. Is there a template, a list of things to check off?

I need something to follow or show me how.

Thank you

Hi catalina,

For which FS Standard ? Generically, "fqm" is usually interpreted in this Forum context as a Food Safety Policy Manual, the latter interpreted as below.

The simplest, minimal, generic method is to reverse engineer (= match the numbering) the appropriate FS Standard + add a section on the Top Level (ISO terminology) Procedures which you actually use.

If so desired the "manual" can be further expanded.

There are some examples on this forum, eg iso22000

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

#4 Mulan1010

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 136 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

We had to develop a Quality Manual to meet Level 3 of SQF a few years ago.  If that is what you are wanting to do we basically recreated our HACCP Plan but from a Quality Perspective rather than a Food Safety Perspective. 

Our supporting programs were ones based on quality checks such as net weight control, finished product specifications for  size, color, defects, etc.., shelf life analysis for taste and appearance, chemistry testing specs, etc...  We completed a hazard analysis for each step of the process only considering what kind of quality issues there could be not food safety related as food safety should be addressed in HACCP. 

We used the risk analysis matrix chart shared by SQF (see attached) to help with determining the severity of the hazards identified.  We identified 2 critical quality points in our process and addressed them similar to a critical control point in HACCP.  

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate