Hi all, this week, there was a nightmare in our factory. The micro lab informed us firstly that they found Listeria on end of life leafy bag then again emailed us they found a presumptive salmonella in the bag. 2 days after it was confirmed as a salmonella. Whole the factory went to almost crisis. The raw material came from one of our biggest grower so we had to stopped them to be used to the production. We had to send all raw materials for that grower for a rapid salmonella test to the lab then we sent 5 days of products made from that growers to the lab for the rapid salmonella test. It was around 100 samples. Then we did an environmental swabs of the area that product was in contact. QA team were in stress and tears as so much work overload and stress. Tech manger was questioned for all little errors instead of being supported during this crisis. Anyway all the result came back negative. We never had salmonella on any products or raw materials. I started to question whether lab made an error and put us in this drama!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited by foodsafetyAUS, 28 March 2019 - 08:11 AM.