Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

Glad to hear it wasn't an error on your part and the product is ok. I bet 'relief' is an understatement for your team.

I think the lab should be liable for loss, at least of raw material not to mention the time, stress, equipment, potential supplier relation issues, loss of production etc etc it must have caused you guys. Just as you could be financially liable if there was actually an outbreak and it reached the customer. Ineptitude is a key word, and finances of the current situation aside, the prospect of a repeat of this in future or even missing a positive result is concerning. I presume you will be switching labs?

Thanks for your comments. I don’t think so. If it was me, I would change but the decision come from the head office not us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

I agree with the previous responses. You really need to try and convince the head office to consider changing labs. I've seen varying levels of ineptitude across laboratories, but that is really bad. You need to have the utmost confidence that the lab will carry out your testing in a trusted and validated manner. Cross-contamination is a scary thought for a lab that does pathogen testing. 

On the other hand, I've seen some interesting reports about labs and their reporting methods. I've also seen first hand what the receiving/sample processing end of a major laboratory looks like, and it is really scary. There are multiple individuals crammed into a rather tiny space, placing samples into what looks like rolling bakery trays, and when I saw this, I had to wonder how many samples become contaminated by handling methods.

I am glad that your crisis was averted, and hope you can get some support for changing laboratories.

EagleEye

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 111 posts
  • 30 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

Glad to hear got resolved the mystery, however.
Better switch to a new lab, if I suggest..

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Hi FSA,

Good News !

IMEX it is unusual for a lab to admit culpability.

Before changing lab, there is of course a small matter of 100 samples. Hopefully as yet unpaid. :rolleyes:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users