Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:36 AM

SQF Code Edition 8.1 Changes can be downloaded here: https://www.sqfi.com...es-for-8.1.docx

There is a free webinar today: Special Webinar: Edition 8.1 Review July 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Kind regards,

Tony

That Guy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 16 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:I'm a nerd, enough said.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

I go on vacation and come back to a new version of the code :doh:.  Thank you for the links.

Chive On.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

I wouldn't worry, there are minor changes, mainly corrections.

Kind regards,

Tony

larissaj

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 17 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

How do I get the link for the webinar? I signed up for it but I dont know how to join it.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:09 AM

I didn't get a link for the webinar either so not sure what happened there.

SQF Code editions 8.1 are now available, to download a copy, click on the link: https://www.sqfi.com...ds-edition-8-1/

Kind regards,

Tony

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:36 AM

Here is a summary of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing Changes in Edition 8.1:

SQF System Elements for Food Manufacturing

Numbering corrections, for example:

2.1.4.3 Corrective action shall be implemented based on the seriousness of the incident and as outlined in 2.5.3 (2.5.3 Corrective and Preventative Action (Mandatory)) not 2.5.5 (2.5.5 Internal Audits and Inspections (Mandatory))

2.2.1.1 Change word: organization to site

2.4.4.7 Change word: materials received from other facilities sites under the same corporate ownership

2.4.6.1 iv.  Change: Update to the correct cross reference within the requirement:  iv. Inspections and analyses shall conform to the requirements outlined in element 2.5.6 (2.5.6 Didn’t exist) 2.5.4.1; and

Module 3: Good Manufacturing Practices for Animal Feed Production

3.2.3.4 & 3.2.4.1 Change: the reference to food to feed to align with the module

Module 4: Good Manufacturing Practices for Processing of Pet Food Products

4.2.12.8 Removed: Pest control contractors shall be: …. etc.

4.3.10.4 Signage in appropriate languages instructing people to wash their hands …… etc. Change, Added: and in external eating areas if applicable

4.4.1.1iiii The wearing of false fingernails …….etc. Added: false eyelashes, eyelash extensions, long nails

4.6 Storage and Transport

4.6.1.5 Where goods described in 4.6.1 to 4.6.4 are held under temporary or overflow conditions that are not designed for the safe storage of goods, a risk analysis … etc. Removed: quality from requirement

4.6.7.1 Addition: Refrigerated units shall maintain the pet food at the required temperatures and the unit’s temperature settings shall be set, checked and recorded before loading and the core product temperatures shall be recorded at regular intervals during loading as appropriate.

4.6.7.2 Seems to be an error in Edition 8.1 correction (completed missing)

4.8.1.1 Addition: On site laboratories conducting chemical and microbiological analysis that may pose a risk to product safety, shall be located separate from any pet food processing or handling activity and designed to limit access only to authorized personnel.

Module 9: Good Manufacturing Practices for Pre-processing of Animal Products (GFSI C)

9.2.4.5 Reworded: Doors, hatches and windows and their frames in food processing, handing or storage areas shall be of a material and construction … etc.

9.2.8 Change: Dust, Insect, and Vermin Pest Proofing

9.2.8.1 Change: All external windows, ventilation openings, doors and other openings shall be effectively sealed when closed and proofed against dust, vermin and flies pests.

9.2.10.2 Addition: Equipment and utensils shall be designed, constructed, installed, operated and maintained to meet any applicable regulatory requirements and not to pose a contamination threat to products.

9.2.10.6 Correction: Protective clothing shall be manufactured from material that is not liable to contaminate pet food product and is easily cleaned.

9.2.13.8 Removed: Pest control contractors shall be: …. etc.

9.6.3.5 Removed quality from requirement: Where goods described in elements 9.6.4 to 9.6.6 are held under temporary or overflow conditions … etc. … or adverse effect on food safety and quality.

9.6.5.2 Addition: Racks …. etc. .Storage areas shall be constructed to prevent packaging from becoming a harborage for pests or vermin.

9.7.4.7 Correction: Wooden pallets and other wooden utensils used in pet food handling/contact zones shall be dedicated for that purpose, clean, maintained in good order. Their condition is subject to regular inspection.

Module 10: Good Manufacturing Practices for Pre-processing of Plant Products

10.2.10.1 Rewording: The methods and responsibility for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings shall be documented planned and implemented carried out in a manner that minimizes the risk of product, packaging or equipment contamination.

10.2.13.7 Rewording: Detergents and sanitizers shall be suitable for use in a food manufacturing handling environment, labelled according to regulatory requirements, and purchased in accordance with applicable legislation. The organization shall ensure: …. etc.

Module 11: Good Manufacturing Practices for Processing of Food Products

11.2.12.7 Reference corrected: Pesticides and other toxic chemicals shall be clearly labeled and stored as described in element 11.6.5 11.6.4 (Storage of Hazardous Chemicals and Toxic Substances)

11.3.1.1 Rewording: Personnel who are known to have been known to be carriers, or are carriers, carriers or are known to have been carriers of infectious diseases that present a health risk to others

11.5.4 Changed title: Monitoring Water Microbiology Quality Water Quality

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SQF, SQF Code, GFSI, Food Safety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users