Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:44 PM

I work at a further-processor of meats. We have an in-house sanitation team consisting of a day crew and a night crew who cleans the entire plant for pre-op.

All the day crew employees are my direct reports, and the nighttime sanitation manager is my direct report. I find that this takes a lot of my time. Is it typical for the QA manager to have direct reports from sanitation in addition to the QA team?

Thank you!

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Typical?  Depends.  Certainly not extraordinary.  Unless you can influence your superior to hire a daytime sanitation manager...  Good luck with that though.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:04 AM

I agree with Ryan and will add that what I see in my travels is (depending on size of organization) is there is many times a day sanitation manager and night supervisor or an overlap sanitation manager - but still most report to QA.  I have seen some report to operations, but dotted line or additional report to QA.  

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

ilovebacon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Thanks, guys. It helps to know what’s going on at other plants so I’m not always wondering if I should bring this up to someone as a possible org chart improvement. In a perfect world, I’d love for there to just be a dotted line like there is for all other processing departments/department heads, but we all know it’s not a perfect world. I do think we’re approaching a size that could make it appropriate to have a daytime sanitation manager, but we’re kind of hovering at that line. Thanks for all your help!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sanitation Manager, Sanitation, SSOP, Direct Reports, QC Team, QA Team, Job Duties, Responsibilities, QA Manager, QC Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users