• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

I'm an analyst at a primarily tech/eCommerce company that also does 3PL for a varied and changing line of products depending on clients. We are basically starting from the ground up to develop our HACCP plan.  

We have fulfilled some food items in the past and are looking to Develop a HACCP plan for products in the future.    We will only fulfill sealed/packed shelf stable goods, and we are only receiving, storing, and then fulfilling the orders for the client.

My question is one that obviously belies my neophyte status in the process, but to get started how can we do a hazard analysis/allergen analyses, etc all things that need the ingredients before we have those descriptions?

Are we able to do this with a general category of goods, given that we are never going to fulfill anything that needs refrigeration, etc etc.  We never unpack or open the goods.

Thanks for your help!  

Also any good recommendations for resources, as part of the initial steps in certification I took an online SQF course that unfortunately was much more retail specific.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:56 AM

I can answer this part as we have a 3PL client in this kind of situation -- they handle an ever changing inventory...

You said in part:

My question is one that obviously belies my neophyte status in the process, but to get started how can we do a hazard analysis/allergen analyses, etc all things that need the ingredients before we have those descriptions? "

Answer - you would plan to have every alllergen and sensitizing agent as they apply. 

Then it is easier to slot the arriving shipments into the various allergen profiles/categories as you will have the details - for every case that arrives a package, bottle, can, etc is pulled and the allergens, etc are entered into the program.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:43 AM

Hi,

I'm an analyst at a primarily tech/eCommerce company that also does 3PL for a varied and changing line of products depending on clients. We are basically starting from the ground up to develop our HACCP plan.  

We have fulfilled some food items in the past and are looking to Develop a HACCP plan for products in the future.    We will only fulfill sealed/packed shelf stable goods, and we are only receiving, storing, and then fulfilling the orders for the client.

My question is one that obviously belies my neophyte status in the process, but to get started how can we do a hazard analysis/allergen analyses, etc all things that need the ingredients before we have those descriptions?

Are we able to do this with a general category of goods, given that we are never going to fulfill anything that needs refrigeration, etc etc.  We never unpack or open the goods.

Thanks for your help!  

Also any good recommendations for resources, as part of the initial steps in certification I took an online SQF course that unfortunately was much more retail specific.

Hi Rtest,

These previous threads/file may give a few ideas. The allergenic aspects would presumably need  to be appropriately  integrated within the flow chart example.

https://www.ifsqn.co...ce/#entry134414

https://www.ifsqn.co...ss/#entry146169

Attached File  Global-Warehouse-Quality-Manual.pdf   467.52KB   46 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

If you have ever changing inventory and could possibly have all types of allergens and sensitizing agents then put them all in your plan as others have said.  You would need to assess the following and have policies / procedures to handle the following:

• Allergen segregation, labeling, identifying in your warehouse management system.
  • SOP for allergen cleanup if something breaks, spills, leaks.
  • SOP for allergen review of all incoming goods from suppliers.  How will you ensure you identify which items contain allergen(s) and / or sensitizing agents?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rtest123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:17 PM

Thanks this is incredibly helpful!

Share this