Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:54 AM

HI! Can anyone give me an idea of how label reconciliation can be done? Thank you in advance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:57 PM

HI!

Can anyone give me an idea of how label reconciliation can be done?

Thank you in advance.

Can try these -

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry172243

https://www.ifsqn.co...ry/#entry173889

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FSQA MKE

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 15 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Environmental Monitoring, FSVP, HACCP, Microbiology, Food Safety, Literature, Tennis, GFSI Solutions

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:07 PM

Documented label inspection prior to production runs, at product changeover activities.

Final signing off by QA & production and end of production.

Providing solutions for food manufacturing companies in achieving regulatory compliance, GFSI standard implementation, environmental monitoring solutions, and HACCP development.

foodsafety@email.com

https://foodsafetymuse.com

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:29 PM

reconciliation to me means, ensuring you can account for all the labels you have so that they cannot be used for nefarious purposes

I.e.  an incoming label log (where they are verified as correct and number) and then any labels that need to be destroyed or returned/refused for any reason and ensuring the method of destruction (i/e shredding) makes them unusable

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

FSQA MKE

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 15 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Environmental Monitoring, FSVP, HACCP, Microbiology, Food Safety, Literature, Tennis, GFSI Solutions

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:40 PM

My understanding label reconciliations are performed to ensure the right label is used for the right product & the most current label is used, with up-to-date ingredients, allergens, etc.

1/3 of all recalls are due to labeling issues, so this is more of an effort to minimize using the wrong label.

Having production & QA sign off indicated both parties were aware the correct label was used and product is not "adulterated".

Providing solutions for food manufacturing companies in achieving regulatory compliance, GFSI standard implementation, environmental monitoring solutions, and HACCP development.

foodsafety@email.com

https://foodsafetymuse.com

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:51 PM

I wish SQF would be more careful with the language   Reconciliation is an accounting term......

Yes MKE, you are correct.......right label on right product

which could easily be covered off with the normal QA checks

We also have a check on the operations record that changeovers are verified by a 2nd person 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:53 PM

This is posted in SQF food section but just to be sure, this isn't for a pharma (USP) grade product, correct?

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:28 PM

This is posted in SQF food section but just to be sure, this isn't for a pharma (USP) grade product, correct?

I am going to guess it IS SQF/Food related.

Label Reconciliation is a new feature in SQF Ed 9 this year, with vague methods of enforcing it. How I have interpreted this is along the lines of...

In order to prevent Food Fraud, we must ensure our labels aren't sneaking out to be used on sub-standard product. So a check on the quantities used should be done each run, day, week or whatever. BUT I could be wrong, wrong, wrong

-Setanta         

Cthulhu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Video Games, Sci-fi, Geology, Rockhounding, Museums, Meteorology, Natural Disasters, Cthulhu Mythos, Board games, Card games.

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:35 PM

I am going to guess it IS SQF/Food related.

Label Reconciliation is a new feature in SQF Ed 9 this year, with vague methods of enforcing it. How I have interpreted this is along the lines of...

In order to prevent Food Fraud, we must ensure our labels aren't sneaking out to be used on sub-standard product. So a check on the quantities used should be done each run, day, week or whatever. BUT I could be wrong, wrong, wrong

This is the way we dealt with it during my previous employer, but that was Dietary Supplements. We also would deface any labels that we had to throw away for extra protection.

For SQF 9.0 here at my current workplace I just instituted the same line of thinking. We have a Packaging Issuance and Reconciliation form and we also have a form for a 30 minute check that I have operators look that we have the correct packaging, lot number, expiration date, case pack info, and fill weight is recorded at the same time. 

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

https://www.facebook...29416493974293/

https://www.instagra...m/area51miners/

Harminnie

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 27 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2021 - 06:15 PM

We are a small bulk manufacturer and print our own labels in house prior to each batch. The printer documents how many labels are printed. The cook that applies the label  to the pail/drum documents on the prod sheet line that reads:

Labels Printed________Labels Used (including  one applied to the back of the prod sheet)_________Labels Destroyed_______

The numbers printed have to equal the number used and destroyed.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users