Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:28 PM

What type of setup do you guys have for equipment washdown stations? Tankless heaters? do you connect to air for foam application? Do you apply cleanser and sanitizer through the same system? How much would one typically spend on that?

And the most important question, how much am I gonna get yelled at for asking to budget this amount to an install.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:52 PM

everywhere i've been has had a boiler big enough to supplly sanitation with what they need

currently we have portable foamers that attached to a water source and air

will be having the big daddy of em all installed-------------complete centralized system complete with drop stations throughout the plant

(big $$$$$$  but we're in the middle of a new machine being installed so in for a penny............)

You need a ROI to show the bosses           

Centralized systems use less chemical (no dosage errors)      are more efficient (savings on labor) and are safer (less employee accidents from mixing straight chemical)

Running about 75K Canadian all in so no, not cheap but we are reducing the staff by 50% so after the first 6 months, it's essentially free

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

johnmcip

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:36 PM

everywhere i've been has had a boiler big enough to supplly sanitation with what they need

currently we have portable foamers that attached to a water source and air

will be having the big daddy of em all installed-------------complete centralized system complete with drop stations throughout the plant

(big $$$$$$  but we're in the middle of a new machine being installed so in for a penny............)

You need a ROI to show the bosses           

Centralized systems use less chemical (no dosage errors)      are more efficient (savings on labor) and are safer (less employee accidents from mixing straight chemical)

Running about 75K Canadian all in so no, not cheap but we are reducing the staff by 50% so after the first 6 months, it's essentially free

Oh man that sounds like the dream. Only a small subset of our equipment can be washed down due to the nature of the facility. Right now we're taking the equipment to a somewhat outdoor area to pressure wash. I hate the process but don't have many alternatives.

Would you be able to recommend more modest setups?

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:22 PM

Sounds like COP tanks would be best for your operation.  Not sure of the equipment piece size, but if they aren't huge you can use a COP tank.  

For pieces too large for a COP tank you can use hangers to hang from the wall and foam / brush clean.  Access to hot water may be helpful depending on the type of soil you have to remove.

Do you have the space for this type of setup?

johnmcip

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:05 PM

Sounds like COP tanks would be best for your operation.  Not sure of the equipment piece size, but if they aren't huge you can use a COP tank.  

For pieces too large for a COP tank you can use hangers to hang from the wall and foam / brush clean.  Access to hot water may be helpful depending on the type of soil you have to remove.

Do you have the space for this type of setup?

No not a COP tank. It's large machinery like conveyor belts and stuff. They're on wheels.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:04 AM

Oh, yeah...that's a challenge.  Not sure ideal way, but I'd get hot water hose and use a portable chemical foamer and brush.  I know some companies use dry ice to clean that stuff and it works really well.  The downside is the equipment is expensive and dry ice isn't terribly cheap.  Plus you have to have a good air supply with a lot of volume for it to work well.  We tried it out in one of our facilities and it took the glue off the equipment very easily and did not affect any electronics or other sensitive parts.  Company didn't want to pay for it though.

No not a COP tank. It's large machinery like conveyor belts and stuff. They're on wheels.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users