I work for a Winery and we are going for our first SQF Certification in a few months (we produce wine from inception of grapes all the way to bottling). I started 6 months ago and while I've got 10+ years HACCP experience, I'm brand new to SQF.
About 1.5 years ago we had a consultant come and perform an assessment. Below are a few non-compliances he noted during his desk audit, though since this was before I was hired I don't have much context from his answers and was hoping to get some insights from others:
- Crisis Management - Committee must review the response and ability to address a crisis through review of the plan and performing a mock crisis (184.108.40.206)
- Site Security Assessment must be conducted (220.127.116.11)
- Food Defense Tests have not been conducted (18.104.22.168)
- Vulnerability assessments have not been conducted in order to create a mitigation plan if needed (22.214.171.124)
Crisis Management Question
- Can anyone give me an example of how they performed their mock crisis?
Site Security Question
- We just had a third-party audit conduct a Site Chain Security Audit for a customer (full-day audit through a certified auditing body). We received a perfect score, so I was hoping this might be enough to suffice this requirement?
Food Defense Test Question
- Can anyone give an example of how they performed their Food Defense Test?
Vulnerability Assessment Question
- The module he noted (126.96.36.199) actually refers to Food Fraud Mitigation, so I'm guessing he means we need to conduct a Food Fraud Vulnerability assessment? Can this be added to our Hazard Analysis and have our Food Safety team conduct a risk assessment? Confused on this one
Any help is greatly appreciated.