• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 September 2022 - 08:12 AM

Dear All

Its a generic question and might be discoused in previous topics here but my specific question is do we consider receiving of RTE (chilled or frozen) as CCP or no ? The activity is for example catering services or restuarants chain .

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 288 posts
  • 76 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 September 2022 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

You can just answer these simple questions

Will a fail of your control measure lead to an (potential) unsafe product? Yes, growth of certain micro
Do you have a control measure later in your process to eliminate or reduce the risk to an acceptable level? No, so no CCP after this control step.

Than yes, you have yourself a CCP

Thanked by 1 Member:

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:23 AM

Hi,

You can just answer these simple questions

Will a fail of your control measure lead to an (potential) unsafe product? Yes, growth of certain micro
Do you have a control measure later in your process to eliminate or reduce the risk to an acceptable level? No, so no CCP after this control step.

Than yes, you have yourself a CCP

Thanks ,i do agree with you do you have a sample of a flow chart (generic) that considering receiving of RTE is CCP.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:24 AM

Dear All

Its a generic question and might be discoused in previous topics here but my specific question is do we consider receiving of RTE (chilled or frozen) as CCP or no ? The activity is for example catering services or restuarants chain .

In the case of receipt of goods, the following is the most likely scenario and it is not a CCP:

The first question: is the hazard significant?

No > Controlled by Prerequisite programmes

Yes > Is the hazard adequately controlled by good practices/prerequisite programmes?

> yes > not a CCP,  controlled by good practices/prerequisite programmes.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:43 AM

In the case of receipt of goods, the following is the most likely scenario and it is not a CCP:

The first question: is the hazard significant?

No > Controlled by Prerequisite programmes

Yes > Is the hazard adequately controlled by good practices/prerequisite programmes?

> yes > not a CCP,  controlled by good practices/prerequisite programmes.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

What kind of PRPs to be taken to control the hazard for  RTE  at receiving Point? I agree for Raw materials it can be by PRP

Edited by hygienic, 09 September 2022 - 06:45 AM.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:55 AM

What kind of PRPs to be taken to control the hazard for  RTE  at receiving Point? I agree for Raw materials it can be by PRP

Goods In Checks such as:

Temperature checks

Checks on the condition of product/vehicle

Checks it is from approved supplier & as per purhcase order

Check of coding/use by/ best before

Specific testing as per agreed specification

etc.

Kind regards,

Tony

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 September 2022 - 08:44 AM

Goods In Checks such as:

Temperature checks

Checks on the condition of product/vehicle

Checks it is from approved supplier & as per purhcase order

Check of coding/use by/ best before

Specific testing as per agreed specification

etc.

Kind regards,

Tony

That is  completely right , but what will happen if the RTE received and stored with bacteria contamination ?Do our PRP can control 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,522 posts
  • 1517 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 September 2022 - 01:05 PM

Then you need to be requesting a CoC or CoA from your vendor for each lot

(you likely will never get a CoA--that will cost a small fortune overtime)

What particular RTE products types are you concerned with

Does you vendor not have PRP or kill steps at their end?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 September 2022 - 01:27 PM

Then you need to be requesting a CoC or CoA from your vendor for each lot

(you likely will never get a CoA--that will cost a small fortune overtime)

What particular RTE products types are you concerned with

Does you vendor not have PRP or kill steps at their end?

Its cheese , dairy products ,cooked chilled meat , fresh eggs ,pasturized milk .
All these products are ready to eat and from different suppliers, larg quantities received in a daily basis .what i want to say , these products need a temperature monitoring while receiving,my question does the receiving of these items will be considered as CCP ?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2022 - 03:59 AM

Its cheese , dairy products ,cooked chilled meat , fresh eggs ,pasturized milk .
All these products are ready to eat and from different suppliers, larg quantities received in a daily basis .what i want to say , these products need a temperature monitoring while receiving,my question does the receiving of these items will be considered as CCP ?

Hi hygienic,

Checking of temperature on receipt would normally be regarded as a prerequisite programme/good hygienic practice. It needs to be used in combination with other control measures including supplier assurance and product inspection.

If we look at CODEX Recommended International Code of Practice General Principles of Food Hygiene 2020 Edition CHAPTER ONE GOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES SECTION 7: CONTROL OF OPERATION

7.2.8 Incoming Materials states:

Only raw materials and other ingredients that are fit for purpose should be used. Incoming materials including food ingredients should be procured according to specifications, and their compliance with food safety and suitability specifications should be verified where necessary. Supplier quality assurance activities, such as audits, may be appropriate for some ingredients. Raw materials or other ingredients should, where appropriate, be inspected (e.g. visual examination for packages damaged during transportation, use-by-date and declared allergens, or temperature measurement for refrigerated and frozen foods) for appropriate action before processing. Where appropriate, laboratory tests could be conducted to check food safety and suitability of raw materials or ingredients. These tests may be conducted by a supplier that provides a Certificate of Analysis, the purchaser, or both. No incoming material should be accepted by an establishment if it is known to contain chemical, physical or microbiological contaminants which would not be reduced to an acceptable level by controls applied during sorting and/or processing where appropriate. Stocks of raw materials and other ingredients should be subject to effective stock rotation. Documentation of key information for incoming materials (e.g. supplier details, date of receipt, quantity etc.) should be maintained.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 September 2022 - 05:52 AM

Hi hygienic,

Checking of temperature on receipt would normally be regarded as a prerequisite programme/good hygienic practice. It needs to be used in combination with other control measures including supplier assurance and product inspection.

If we look at CODEX Recommended International Code of Practice General Principles of Food Hygiene 2020 Edition CHAPTER ONE GOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES SECTION 7: CONTROL OF OPERATION
7.2.8 Incoming Materials states:
Only raw materials and other ingredients that are fit for purpose should be used. Incoming materials including food ingredients should be procured according to specifications, and their compliance with food safety and suitability specifications should be verified where necessary. Supplier quality assurance activities, such as audits, may be appropriate for some ingredients. Raw materials or other ingredients should, where appropriate, be inspected (e.g. visual examination for packages damaged during transportation, use-by-date and declared allergens, or temperature measurement for refrigerated and frozen foods) for appropriate action before processing. Where appropriate, laboratory tests could be conducted to check food safety and suitability of raw materials or ingredients. These tests may be conducted by a supplier that provides a Certificate of Analysis, the purchaser, or both. No incoming material should be accepted by an establishment if it is known to contain chemical, physical or microbiological contaminants which would not be reduced to an acceptable level by controls applied during sorting and/or processing where appropriate. Stocks of raw materials and other ingredients should be subject to effective stock rotation. Documentation of key information for incoming materials (e.g. supplier details, date of receipt, quantity etc.) should be maintained.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thats great ,good information and explanation with regards the receipt of goods ,thanks alot , in my googling sesrch i have found that still flight Caterings are considering the receipt of ready to eat products as CCP1 .

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users