• Quick Navigation
Photo

What K type thermocouple has worked best for you?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AFiock

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:09 PM

Hi! I am currently trying to create a QA program, which will include the kill step verification. My question is what K type thermocouple has worked best for you? 

We cook in big kettles and heat to about 230 degrees Fahrenheit. I was also hoping to possibly use it for freezer temp validation, but that is not 100% necessary.  

I looked on AIB's website as well, and they mentioned a data logger with a 6-point wire probe, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this or any knowledge to share. I am new to this, so feel free to dumb it down a little!

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 346 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:18 PM

Hi AFiock, welcome to the forum. I've always had success with the Thermoworks brand, their K-types are available here: https://www.thermowo...k-thermocouple/

If you reach out to their tech sales team with your situation I'm sure they'd be able to provide some great recommendations. Personally, I would start by reviewing the specs of the probe to make sure it's rated for the temperature ranges your thermal process is validated for and is compatible with any dataloggers you'd like to use. Finally, make sure the probe can physically reach the product you'd like to measure.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users