Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2023 - 05:00 PM

Hi, so I'm currently in the process of running my company through the first SQF audit soon and have been having a hard time on what to use for labeling bottles, usually filled with mineral oil or olive oil. FYI, we are a bread bakery. Stick-on labels come off, and I don't want it in our product, I also tried rubber bandits from Amazon, which break easily due to the oil. If anyone has suggestions, id love to hear it. 

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 03 April 2023 - 05:44 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum! We're using plastic tie-on labels on the mugs we're using for chemicals. Though, what bottle part you'd use to tie them on? Just speculating... Or, some container with label to put an oil bottle in?

Bansal

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 82 posts
  • 16 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 April 2023 - 05:47 PM

Hi,
You can post a picture sign of the bottle, writing on them "OIL BOTTlE"

Thanks

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2023 - 06:32 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum! We're using plastic tie-on labels on the mugs we're using for chemicals. Though, what bottle part you'd use to tie them on? Just speculating... Or, some container with label to put an oil bottle in?

I don't want to be the negative guy, but if you have a non-labelled bottle in a labelled container, it's too easy to put it back in the wrong place, and it doesn't meet BRC requirements to label all containers of chemicals and ingredients if you don't do it on the bottle itself..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Sayed M Naim Khalid

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2023 - 10:51 AM

you can use color coding (different colors of bottles for different products). But you will need to have a hanging sign that explains the different bottles. Second options is to use permanent markers. But they should be used on a clean (non oily surface). 

Thanked by 1 Member:

EGbois

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 April 2023 - 03:57 PM

Paint markers on a clean dry surface work well for chemical bottles where permanent markers normally wear off.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2023 - 11:00 PM

You might check out the Avery Labels: Avery UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels for Laser Printers, Waterproof, UV Resistant, 2" x 4", 500 Pack.  We have used them on our chemical bottles in a cold, wet and sometimes greasy environment and they hold up better than other items we have tried.    

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 April 2023 - 05:05 AM

Hi Ryan,

I’m on a similar line to olenazh, using plastic tie-on labels or plastic labels clipped to the bottle with a colored cable tie.

Kind regards,

Tony

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 20 April 2023 - 11:26 AM

We use zip ties. They only come off if they are cut off and we have hard plastic ID cards that are like mini SDS.

-Setanta         

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users