• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 27 June 2023 - 06:29 AM

Hi all,

As a quality controller in a sugar mill, I wanted to enquire about the acceptable limits for yeast and mold on food contact surfaces (equipment, cloth, hands etc). I have already found coliform and microbial limits thanks to another thread. I would appreciate solid references and according to which standards you are referring. 

Many thanks in advance.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 June 2023 - 07:53 AM

Hi all,

As a quality controller in a sugar mill, I wanted to enquire about the acceptable limits for yeast and mold on food contact surfaces (equipment, cloth, hands etc). I have already found coliform and microbial limits thanks to another thread. I would appreciate solid references and according to which standards you are referring. 

Many thanks in advance.

Assuming these are surfaces related to an RTE product, the Y&M data should presumably be very low. Ideally undetected.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Khanza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 17 July 2023 - 08:29 AM

Hi, my suggestion is to first check : 

1. Your country regulation standard Yeast and Mold for RTE

2. Perform cleaning validation to see the trend of microbes after cleaning and after clean equipment retained (clean time) 

3. Set a standard Yeast and Mold standard based on both studies. 

Your food contact surface Yeast and Mold shouldn't higher than Yeast and Mold limit of your finished product. 

Edited by khanzajasmine, 17 July 2023 - 08:30 AM.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yeast, mold, critical limit, microbial limit, food contact surface, food contact surfaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users