Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 March 2024 - 04:04 PM

We are food manufacturing focusing on dried herbs and spice. 

We have an inbound shipment log that condense all the checks in 1 spot. We are missing the outbound shipment log and that got me thinking...Out of curiousity, do most of you do checklist and log? or do you find a condensed checklist in log form suffice for SQF audit purposes? 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 March 2024 - 06:59 PM

outbound covers you in case customer complain            it should be clear enough to push back if warranted      

either is fine for SQF but make sure a condensed form reference in the header or footer exactly what "acceptable condition" means

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 118 posts
  • 51 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 March 2024 - 07:57 PM

I've used a checklist reference and posted as a laminated sign at each dock door and the warehouse desk where drivers check in.  Covers all the requirements with pests, load integrity, temperatures, etc.  Then there is a check box on a carrier inspection form (both in and outbound) that all items via said checklist were reviewed.  Its one box to check, there's a corrective action section, and a place to record temperatures.  This keeps the form more appropriate to cover all items received or shipped out as we do use one form for both.    

:coffee:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 March 2024 - 09:03 PM

If you're able to capture all the relevant information on a running log, by all means keep with the running log.  You can have a version for inbound and outbound.

Kind of making me jealous, I've always used a full page form to capture all of the inspections for inbound/outbound.  Warehouse employees don't usually have the cleanest handwriting, and getting them to legibly fill in records means leaving them lots of extra space for their chicken scratch lol.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trailer inspection, checklist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users