Responsible for actively seeking new business opportunities as well as managing customer satisfaction for existing clients. Integral team player overseeing the development and management of an organization's overall planning and marketing strategies. This role will identify, pursue, close and manage new business opportunities regionally.
- Research and analyze potential customers to formulate action plans and develop new business opportunities through both cold call and initiated leads for services offered by the company.
- Provide best in class customer service to existing customers.
- Execute strategic sales plan initiatives to accommodate territory and corporate goals.
- In coordination with company leadership, create quarterly and annual sales forecasts to deliver over-budget results.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Represent Company at trade association events and meetings to promote product offerings.
- Deliver technical sales presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Meet with key clients, maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyze and control expenditures to budgetary requirements.
- Work cooperatively with other departments.
- Prepare sales reports reflecting sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Coordinate research and development of new services.
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape to include the activities and products of our competitors.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales volume and profit objectives.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or university required, preferably in food microbiology or food science.
- Minimum of 2-3 years food-related or technical sales experience. Must be able to discuss sciences such as microbiology, chemistry and food safety.
- Experience in selling products or services.
- Established contact list or network of food safety related or quality assurance contacts is desirable.
- Cold calling experience lasting at least 1 full year; 3+ years preferred. Must have cold called within the last calendar year.
- Route sales and route management experience
- Experience with CRM packages such as Dynamics, Sales Force etc.
- Basic understanding of marketing and marketing principles.
- Must have a basic understanding of the business to business cycle.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other
- communications/computer components
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Extensive car and air travel
- Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens