Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Going through the HACCP readings looking for an answer I did not see.  When it comes to flow diagrams of production is there a need to show all conveyors.  Issue identified during a BRC audit that we include them.  For years we only used an arrow from one step to the next.  The issue I find most disheartening is that it will triple the size of my flow chart (yes we have a lot of conveyors)  Can we put them all together as one mention with an arrow as direction?  the hazard analysis of course would increase in size as well if these are all added.

Myusername

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 14 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

Personally I do include them. Customers said we didn't need them, consultant said we didn't need them, even the auditor said conveyance wasn't required to be shown so I removed them until.... surprise surprise customers  changed their mind. its a little overkill but I use them for training as well and it cuts down on questions in audits just to have them in.

I have different arrows for different types of conveyance indicated in a legend and only cover each type of conveyance once in the haccp plan. but we are not brc certified (input anyone else)so it seems to be a "go over kill and defend yourself cause no one is happy with anything" type of situation.  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

Hi Jim,

The thread below might inspire you a little more unless you've seen it already. Although maybe not for brc.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry76172

Personally I have only used boxes and lines between process stages for BRC even when the belt was a potentially significant metal hazard. Perhaps one benefit of using numbers is that it simplifies adding detail in the hazard analysis proper. i suppose  a multitude of belt types may support colour. My auditors have always seemed grateful for simplicity.. Often  in more ways than one.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

I only used boxes and arrows and have never been asked for conveyors in 5 years of BRC audits, but that's not to say a new auditor might mention it. It does not specifically mention conveyancing in HACCP documentation. When in doubt ask an auditor to show you the reference in the standard, it might make them back off....

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:01 AM

I have also only used boxed and arrows. Never been questioned by any group, including 6 years of BRC across multiple plants. Last thing I am going to do is give regulators unnecessary opportunities to nit-pick my HACCP plan...

KTD

Mahmoud Elsheshiny

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

as my manager always say to the auditors. is it mentioned in the standard?? where is that ??  :gleam:.
auditor: poker face. 

boxes arrows always enough. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users