• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hi! Friends,

One of our customer has a Seafood processing facility built with PUF panels, we are facing a issue of condensation in the processing plant. 

Can any one provide a better solution to avoid the condensation on the roof and the product contamination.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

Hi! Friends,

One of our customer has a Seafood processing facility built with PUF panels, we are facing a issue of condensation in the processing plant. 

Can any one provide a better solution to avoid the condensation on the roof and the product contamination.

Hi Ajas,

what is PUF ?

Roof = (internal) ceiling ?

Perhaps the humidity is excessive ? Steam cooker ? ventilation ? ie some knowledge of the process might help.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AJAS SERVICES

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

No ther is no steam, its iced product handling area with a controlled temperature

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

No ther is no steam, its iced product handling area with a controlled temperature

and PUF ?

what level of temperature, 30degC ? humidity > 90% ?

false ceiling ?

extraction fans ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jel

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 33 thanks
Good

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hi! Friends,

The following link takes you to a very interesting article about condensation on ceilings: http://goo.gl/2Rbq1c

Although the condensation is not something to be minimized, rarely it assessed from the point of view of the risks associated with food safety.

Thanked by 1 Member:

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

Ventilation is your answer... somehow get some ventilation in there, be it Air conditioning or whatever. Condensation is a known carrier of listeria.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Thanked by 3 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

Useful article Jel.

I know from my home this time of year our windows have a lot of condensation in the mornings. What do we expect our houses are almost sealed units with double glazed windows, cavity wall insulation, loft insulation; throw in five people washing, showering and breathing, that's a lot of airborne water.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

JohnWheat

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 60 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My Children, Motorsports, Film, Rita Ora and Mila Kunis :)

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Hi! Friends,

Hi Ajas - as mentioned, ventilation is key. You do need to provide further details. Most obvious cause will be the temperature difference in the building (and humidity) and whatever is the other side of the ceiling ? If the process area is say 8c and an outside temp is 30c with little between such as PUF panels and the roof.........well its going to get covered!! 2 possible solutions: More insulation from outside temps and/or ventilation or extraction. I know of a plant running warm air vent across the top of the room with extraction. No condensation causing them problems and the room sits around 5c :)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users