I received this project from a client and need your valuable input on how to take on traceability at his farm:
- That company has a website where customers can shop and buy items that would be delivered to them.
- They buy from about 100 small suppliers
- They receive all ingredient in cardboard boxes
- They buys: F&V, meat, eggs, fish, spices, seasoning, etc (Everything that can possibly make a lunch/diner)
- They prepare the bags for customers only when they have orders (Which is many times a day)
- Their activities can be divided into two main groups: 1- Shop: & 2- Cook
- Shop: "Shop" are items that are stored into their original boxes and that are put as-is into the bags (an apple, a piece of frozen meat, an orange, etc.)
- Cook : "Cook" are items that taken out of the original boxes and stored in cooler or freezers in plastic bags because they would go in the kitchen to be cooked, then put into the bags with the rest of the order.
Can you please share how you would go about product identification and Traceability?
I was thinking about labelling all incoming products as a start and I soon realized the labels would not follow up all "cook" ingredients because they are taken out of the boxes, then stored.
You feedback is greatly appreciated