The management commitment is usually described in the management statement and quality policy. U can examine these documents to ensure that these document comply with the FSSC 2200 version 4.1
Yo can also ask for the minutes of the meetings of the management review committee to see their attendance and inputs during the review process.
I do not expect that senior management know the requirements of the quality systems but should have over all knowledge how it is working in their business.
Certainly you can examine the their business plan and see the process of implementation of that plan with the time line i.e business plan is progressing as per suggested time line.
Examples of questions you can ask the senior managements
- Does your quality policy include the framework for setting and reviewing the quality objectives?
- Are your organisation’s quality objectives actually measureable? And do you measure them?
- Are your quality objectives cascaded through the organisation and do they align from top to bottom?
- Have you identified and described your organisation’s own business processes and how they interact with each other?
- Has the criteria been set for what is an acceptable product or service?
- Have you established effective processes for communicating with your workforce, and for them to communicate with you?
- Do you review the performance of your quality systems at planned intervals
- Does this review address all of the following information; the results of audits, customer feedback, process performance, your product and service conformity, the status of corrective actions, the status of preventive actions, changes, and improvement opportunities?
- Do actions arise from the reviews that you undertake?
- Have you determined the necessary competence levels for your entire workforce that can affect your product or service?
- Do you analyse data in order to identify any trends or characteristics that may lead to a non conformance?
- Can you demonstrate how your organisation is actually improving?
These questions are taken from the PwC auditor training and can be found on this website
Dr Humaid Khan