• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 December 2023 - 11:51 PM

Hi,

We are trying to get GFSI certified for our dumpling production facility. We are trying to implement SQF at our facility. We are a very small facility with few employees, so I wanted to understand if there needs to be any designated person for particular tasks like SQF practitioner, sanitation team or any other roles? Do we need to have a QAM/ HACCP coordinator?

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 118 posts
  • 51 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 December 2023 - 12:00 AM

You need to have a designated SQF Practitioner (SQFP) and a designated back up.  Both need to have completed 2 day accredited HACCP course.  This is to oversee the SQF implementation and maintenance.  Outside of that the SQFP can be any number of varying roles.  I am at a smaller company and my title is QA Manager, I am the SQFP, PCQI (FDA-FSMA), R&D, HACCP Team Leader, Food Defense Coordinator, just to name a few.  It is nice to have designated folks covering each role, however not always practical from a business standpoint as we have to wear many hats.  You can define the roles however you like to fit your needs you just have to have an SQFP and B/U SQFP.

2.1.1.4 code reference......  

2.1.1.4 Senior site management shall designate a primary and substitute SQF practitioner for each site with responsibility and authority to:
i. Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF System;
ii. Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System; and
iii. Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.

:coffee:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 16 December 2023 - 01:25 AM

Hi,

We are trying to get GFSI certified for our dumpling production facility. We are trying to implement SQF at our facility. We are a very small facility with few employees, so I wanted to understand if there needs to be any designated person for particular tasks like SQF practitioner, sanitation team or any other roles? Do we need to have a QAM/ HACCP coordinator?

You will beed an SQF Practitioner as well as a back-up for this person.  Since you have a smaller company that may mean that your Quality Assurance Manager is also the SQF Practitioner - or whatever assortment of hats you folks wear.

In my friends company one of the partners (there are 2 owners and 5 employees) is also the QA, SQFP and Shipping and Recieving Manager.

Hi,

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users