• Quick Navigation
Photo

Interpretation of FSMA's standard section 117.475 7 iv. stating that the documentation of an onsite audit must include the conclusion

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jbaus

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

I am curious what everyone's interpretation of FSMA's standard section 117.475 7 iv. It states that the documentation of an onsite audit must include the "conclusion" of the audit. If we require all of our vendors to provide us with a GFSI certificate, wouldn't this be the conclusion of the audit as they wouldn't receive the certificate without addressing all non-conformance's with appropriate corrective actions? Or do you read this as the entire audit is required? 

Thank you 

Jenna

Edited by jbaus, 05 February 2020 - 08:54 PM.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

To my knowledge It means if you conduct an audit for a supplier the documentation with that must include the conclusion, YOUR conclusion, how did the audit go? Results?

If your vendor has a GFSI certificate , would you still conduct an onsite audit? Maybe, maybe not. Up to you. If you do, you still need your conclusion of the audit. 

At a previous job I had a customer come in and audit us, they had their checklist and audit form. That is their conclusion. Although we were SQF certified. But they still came to audit us regardless.

Edited by The Food Scientist, 05 February 2020 - 09:21 PM.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

The certificate is not the conclusion of the audit - it is the corrective actions, possible outbrief summary and closure of corrective actions.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users