• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

Good afternoon everyone! 

Is anyone here part of a company that provides shuttle service for their employees? I want to look into this service for my company, but am unsure where to start. For those who are part of a company that provides shuttle service, a few questions:

• How many employees use the shuttle service?
  • Do you outsource the shuttle or do you have employee(s) that drive a company vehicle to and fro?
  • What made you consider a shuttle service? / what convinced executive management to jump onboard? 
  • What pros/cons have you found with the shuttle service? 

Any information is greatly appreciated! 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

Good afternoon everyone! 

Is anyone here part of a company that provides shuttle service for their employees? I want to look into this service for my company, but am unsure where to start. For those who are part of a company that provides shuttle service, a few questions:

• How many employees use the shuttle service?
  • Do you outsource the shuttle or do you have employee(s) that drive a company vehicle to and fro?
  • What made you consider a shuttle service? / what convinced executive management to jump onboard? 
  • What pros/cons have you found with the shuttle service? 

Any information is greatly appreciated! 

Hi zechx,

IMEX the driving force for the service can be (1) limited local labour sources (2) distance between manufacturing facility and location of employees, (3)  use of a 24-hour shift system (or similar).

Outsourced.

Pros - access to "distant" labour force, worker appreciation, Safety; Cons - vehicle reliability issues, weather, traffic, cost

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

pooled

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 123 posts
  • 62 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:QA,Health & Safety, GFSI, HACCP, Produce, Surfing

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

My previous employment was just outside of the city & there was no public transportation available. They purchased 2 buses to shuttle around the city to pick up before shift & drop off afterwards. The routes were basically defined by where workers lived & cost $1 dollar per trip to help with fuel & drivers. Some years there were excessive staffing that required the transportation so the bus would be at capacity.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users