Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2023 - 01:37 PM

I have created some slides that talks about the key elements of PCQI. I have a PCQI Certificate and want to use these slides to train my QA Supervisor's to understand PCQI activities and also a QUIZ to show proof of training in addition to preparing a food safety plan.

I would like to know if these training will be enough for them to perform PCQI activities in my absence and successfully meet the FDA and SQF requirements.

Please get back to me, 

Sayed M Naim Khalid

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2023 - 01:49 PM

If you training content is comprehensive enough, that may suffice. 

HOWEVER, I will always ask someone else from the top management to be PCQI certified. Because there might be a lot of things that a junior QA staff might not be authorized to decide. So you may alternatively ask/enroll someone from the leadership for a PCQI training. 

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,053 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 16 February 2023 - 04:00 PM

I have created some slides that talks about the key elements of PCQI. I have a PCQI Certificate and want to use these slides to train my QA Supervisor's to understand PCQI activities and also a QUIZ to show proof of training in addition to preparing a food safety plan.

I would like to know if these training will be enough for them to perform PCQI activities in my absence and successfully meet the FDA and SQF requirements.

Please get back to me, 

For FDA it depends on the activity. To perform activities - yes. To sign off on paperwork and prepare/edit a food safety plan - that's a gray area. It'll depend on the FDA inspector and if they deemed your training good enough.

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 366 posts
  • 87 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 16 February 2023 - 04:26 PM

SQF does not require anyone to be PCQI trained.  Only that main SQF Practitioner and designated back up has HACCP training.  Thus, you're back up could sign documents in your absence in terms of SQF.

I always have had my back up in any case trained/certified in what I had if possible depending on the company I worked for.  Just made sense to have the back-up have the same trainings/certifications.

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 350 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 16 February 2023 - 05:20 PM

From an FDA perspective, justifying someone as PCQI-competent can happen through training, education, or experience. If your supervisors have spent at least a few years in the QA industry and/or have relevant degrees they may already be considered ready for PCQI in some inspector's eyes. But like others have said, because a formal requirement is lacking, it means PCQI is a grey area. I would hold the training session with your supervisors, and assess their education/experience yourself to determine if you can put them on the PCQI list. Ask yourself how you would answer the question "is this person qualified to make process control decisions, and what makes you think so?"

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users