Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:36 AM

Hi 

Looking for help in writing a procedure for BRC Standard Clause 6.3 dealing with quantity, volume and weight measurement.

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hi 

Looking for help in writing a procedure for BRC Standard Clause 6.3 dealing with quantity, volume and weight measurement.

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

Hi Humaid Khan,

It likely relates to yr Product / Process ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

Humaid, can you elaborate on your product and process and perhaps even post what you have roughly laid out for your current procedure or even post your ideas.  This will help members to better assist you.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

Hi Simon

We produce patisserie products. Our operation is very manual. The products are decorated and packed by hands.

Kind regards

HUmaid Khan

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

Hi Humaid,

BRC Requirements are quite clear: 6.3 QUANTITY – WEIGHT, VOLUME AND NUMBER CONTROL
The site shall operate a quantity control system which conforms to legal requirements in the country where the product is sold and any additional industry sector codes or specified customer requirements.

There should be relevant information regarding legislative requirements on the National Measurement Institute website.

They have also published this Guide to the Sale of Prepackaged Goods - National Measurement Institute

You will also need to consider any industry codes of practice and customer requirements.

Regards,

Tony

JohnWheat

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 60 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My Children, Motorsports, Film, Rita Ora and Mila Kunis :)

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:20 AM

For example the opening sentence on ours....

6.3 XXXXXX Ltd operates a quantity control system which conforms to legal (weights and measures (Packaged goods) regulation 2006 and the average weight system directive 76/211/EEC (amended 2009) requirements and customer specification in the UK.

The frequency and methodology of quantity checking meets the requirements of all stated UK legislation and EU directives governing quantity verification. The average weight data base maintains individual inputs under specific product label conformats. This information is available to down load within a 90 day period from packing for customer specific product at required specified times..

I have bolded the text relevant to Tony's statement......now you can see what he means

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, clause 6.3, weight volume measure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users